• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Looking very good, Gary!

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Looks very nice plus the area where the house is, you have space .

The house where we are is in a built up area there may be 3 or 4 trees in the whole area or are these overgrown bushes , that is why I am not jumping up and down saying how great it is , as a base it’s good but I want space I want to see a view and not a view of concrete just a few feet away, but each to there own some may like that.

fototek1
Posted
Posted
On 10/30/2019 at 12:04 AM, Tommy T. said:

Think carefully, Baston, before you would use the system you suggest. It could cause problems, I believe, in case of a power surge or lightning strike. I would need to research to be certain (and I am too busy to check right now) but I think a single ground should be fine so long as the bare copper wire going to the grounding rod and the clamps, etc. are all very robust and it is installed properly. In USA, that's how it's done - doesn't mean it's the best way, just the common way.

Tommy, in the Northeast US we now use 2 ground rods minimum spaced 6 feet apart.  In the old days it was one ground rod and also connect to the incoming copper water pipe. More ground is better. Big power consumers need to have ground plane studies and actually have ground grids installed. Sometimes adding an irrigation system is required to keep the ground moist which provides a better path to ground.  

• Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, stevewool said:

...but I want space I want to see a view and not a view of concrete just a few feet away, but each to there own some may like that.

I don't think anyone like it Steve, but for a whole host of reasons people choose to live in gated or developed communities where properties are closer together.  Safety in numbers and convenience were/are more important to me than the view.  i'd love to have both but that isn't always possible and comes at a premium.  

That said, If I were to do it all again, I'd definitely think more about choosing a location with more space but hey ho.  

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, stevewool said:

Looks very nice plus the area where the house is, you have space .

The lot the original house is on is about 500 sq metres. We are in a small rural barangy just off a major highway. When I first went there was a largish for want of a better word, nippa hut to the right of the house which the family lived in up until we built the new house beside it about 18 years ago. The intention is to extend into that gap once we have finish the new project across the road.

MVIMG_20191117_124522.jpg

• Like 4

Gary D
Posted
Posted

MVIMG_20191117_124501.jpg

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 11/16/2019 at 3:32 PM, Gary D said:

It's going to be a 4m wide roll-up  door.

Gary, tell me about your roll-up door.  Do you know where you will get it?  Is it monkey-proof?  :smile:

I'm sure there must be a lot of shops that have them but it may not be obvious when just passing by.  I saw some at Home Depot by the entrance but I assume they cost more there.  Perhaps the quality might be better?

Gary D
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Gary, tell me about your roll-up door.  Do you know where you will get it?  Is it monkey-proof?  :smile:

I'm sure there must be a lot of shops that have them but it may not be obvious when just passing by.  I saw some at Home Depot by the entrance but I assume they cost more there.  Perhaps the quality might be better?

They are king expensive, there is a woman at the people in Dinalupihan that are making the windows that deals in them, I don't think she works for tbe company directly but anyone asking about rollup door and she suddenly appears. Any way we were quoted for an 8 foot 4m wide electric with remote at 86k installed. :shock_40_anim_gif:It will be the last thing fitted at that cost, I'll have to see how the budget is running.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, Gary D said:

They are king expensive, there is a woman at the people in Dinalupihan that are making the windows that deals in them, I don't think she works for tbe company directly but anyone asking about rollup door and she suddenly appears. Any way we were quoted for an 8 foot 4m wide electric with remote at 86k installed. :shock_40_anim_gif:It will be the last thing fitted at that cost, I'll have to see how the budget is running.

That's about $1700 USD.  Doesn't seem too bad, all in.  Is that a metal door like you see on storefronts or more of a garage door like we have on houses in the U.S.?

• Like 1