Single with Money = Great Life in the Philippines

• 2 weeks later...
Gator
Posted
Posted
On 1/12/2020 at 5:30 PM, bows00 said:

I wouldn't want it any other way.  Especially if you have sufficient income.  I wake up every morning feeling blessed, and life is great.  Retired at the ripe age of 58, I still feel young here.  Why? Because the young Filipina's give you some attention and make you feel way more special than you deserve........Workout at the gym, 4) go looking for Filipina's, malls, restaurants, even bars...rinse and repeat.  Now why would I want to settle down with one girl?  And give up this freedom??

It never gets old.

I'm not fully retired yet, roughly 6 months here and 6 months in the USA working (practically non-stop). But I'm right with you. No plans on getting hitched - I totally enjoy being single here and have established my routine......similar to yours minus the gym part, I enjoy walking and it's easier on these old bones, lol.

On 1/12/2020 at 7:04 PM, Snowy79 said:

It's certainly a single mans country if you are after the females but to be honest the novelty factor soon wears off. 

I guess everybody is wired different, I've been coming here now for over ten years, staying months at a time, and the "novelty factor" hasn't worn off off me.

Perhaps when I'm older and need help to care for myself I'll settle down. Or likely just hire a caregiver as they are readily available here and for a reasonable rate of pay.....something I would not be able to afford in the USA.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, Gator said:

I guess everybody is wired different, I've been coming here now for over ten years, staying months at a time, and the "novelty factor" hasn't worn off off me.

Perhaps when I'm older and need help to care for myself I'll settle down. Or likely just hire a caregiver as they are readily available here and for a reasonable rate of pay.....something I would not be able to afford in the USA.

Visiting and living are two different things.  A few months of different girls every night then you start looking for one that you share more interests in. That's when the fun starts and you get to understand the Filipino psyche.  A few crazies down the line you'd give your right arm for someone calm, rational and still attractive.  

• Like 5

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Visiting and living are two different things.  A few months of different girls every night then you start looking for one that you share more interests in. That's when the fun starts and you get to understand the Filipino psyche.  A few crazies down the line you'd give your right arm for someone calm, rational and still attractive.  

Hooking up with a different bar girl every night gets old fast, and expensive. It even got old when I was in my 20's when my ship went into dry dock in Olongapo for 6 weeks. My boss/drinking buddy started play chess on the balcony of the American Legion on Magsaysay Ave. after a couple of weeks. Bonus..they had toilet paper in the CR.:7500: 

• Like 3

bows00
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

Hooking up with a different bar girl every night gets old fast, and expensive

Totally agree.  Bar fining the bar girls are for the newbies.  You eventually learn there are a lot of quality girls outside of the bars.  Bar girls are like cattle... the better they look, the more they screw... I quit playing that game a long time ago.  

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, bows00 said:

Totally agree.  Bar fining the bar girls are for the newbies.  You eventually learn there are a lot of quality girls outside of the bars.  Bar girls are like cattle... the better they look, the more they screw... I quit playing that game a long time ago.  

I suspect many newbies already know the score having probably visited other parts of SE Asia but choose the convenience of bar girls for what they are.  

Heeb
Posted
Posted

Married with Money = Wife spending it all and me wishing I was single in the Philippines

I'm also 58 and retired and just like Freebie alluded to in a post earlier, since we retired six months ago we are together all the time and she just gets on my nerves, I don't know if I would've ever found a girl in the Philippines that has shared interests with me and if I did she probably wouldn't be very nice to look at, yeah I think I would stay single if I was in Bows position. I met some guy at the mall, he's 62 and rides the same BMW motorcycle here that I had in the states, he does triathlons and rides mountain bikes, he was there to take some "pretty young lady" to the movies and he had a big smile on his face, he seemed really happy. My wife like most  filipinas is snap happy with the cell phone camera, I look at photos of myself she posts on Facebook and I've got the 1,000 yard stare, it's really sad because I'm actually trying to smile.

• Like 4

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Hooking up with a different bar girl every night gets old fast, and expensive. It even got old when I was in my 20's when my ship went into dry dock in Olongapo for 6 weeks. My boss/drinking buddy started play chess on the balcony of the American Legion on Magsaysay Ave. after a couple of weeks. Bonus..they had toilet paper in the CR.:7500: 

I can't understand why people pay for girls here.  Even as an average guy you can get company every night,  It's just a matter of being friendly.  I know a couple of guys that pay their girls 2k per night for company and see nothing wrong with that, they think they're playboys. I get no excitement from basically doing a business deal. I'd get more of a buzz chatting a girl up in a store etc.

• Like 3

Gator
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, bows00 said:

Well said. Although I do still occasionally go bar hopping, it's not to look for girls, but rather to look at girls.....I mostly go when they have the dance competitions or cultural type shows. I know they're simply a money game for the bars, but many of the girls take it seriously and I don't mind rewarding them for the hours of time they spend practicing their routines. 

The girls I date here all have jobs (except one who's between contracts) and the majority of them work away from the entertainment district. I'm just not ready to settle down and I make that clear to them from the beginning. I think it's wrong to lie to a girl just to get into her pants.....unfortunately too many guys do just that and hurt girls in doing so. I can't tell you how many times I've heard about guys who promise love just to get sex or a "holiday gf". 

• Like 3