Single with Money = Great Life in the Philippines

canadamale
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, stevewool said:

I know I am silly at times, but even my missus don’t know about my secrete stash, then again I maybe don’t know about hers 

I had one of them secrete stashed, then the gf was putting socks in my socks drawer and says " babe I found five blue can we go MOA" no more secrete stash!!!!

• Haha 5

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Well honestly - single with money = great life almost anywhere (depends on the amount of money).  That is why many of us are retired in a 3rd world country.  Being relatively rich is nice :tiphat:

• Like 2

canadamale
Posted
Posted

my advise to the original poster is (for what it is worth) is forget the internet, enjoy the Philippines, for what it is and when your tired of it go back to the penthouse over looking the golf course till you get the urge to explore again.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Let's not be too hard on the man - we've all posted BS on the internet when drunk. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Let's not be too hard on the man - we've all posted BS on the internet when drunk. 

True, but I don’t drink so what’s my excuse :89:

• Haha 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, stevewool said:

True, but I don’t drink so what’s my excuse :89:

Not drinking is to blame for as many, if not more, things than drinking Steve. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Explorer
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 1/19/2020 at 10:43 AM, Freebie said:

If I become old and inform will be easy enough to find a carer or two.. preferably two , one young and cute , one older more sensible and knowledgeable. dont need a wife for that. Will not be marrying ever again. We all make our own life choices and Im happy with mine.

Just wondering, so you are going to hire two Filipinas to take care of you when you are too old, are you also going to give them access to your financials? bank accounts, credit card, investments? Because there will come time when you are unable to pay your bills by yourself, buy your groceries, etc..  Also when you get sick, the two filipinas will need to have the financial means to call an ambulance, check you into hospital, buy your medicines, pay for your treatment, etc.

Also, if you are too old or too sick to pay the two Filipinas their salary, are they going to stick around without being payed or just take off? 

You can give your two hired filipinas access to an emergency fund, but are you sure that one of them are not going to drain your account and run away?

Edited by jaybee
spell
  • Like 5
  • Hmm thinking 2

bows00
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Eddie1 said:

ou come across as a complete arsehole in my honest opinion, very crass as well.  Ever since you started posting on here you have always tried to drop money and insinuate your worth into your posts, very tacky.

Sorry if I came across that way, but it is a problem I have been contemplating non the less.  I guess this forum was the wrong place to seek such an answer.  Funny how we don't like discussing money problems, especially when in abundance.  Something even families have a hard time discussing around the dinner table.  But it is a legitimate question.  How do you go about discussing it with your significant other?  You do realize that money is still the number one cause of divorce in the US right?

Gary D
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, bows00 said:

Sorry if I came across that way, but it is a problem I have been contemplating non the less.  I guess this forum was the wrong place to seek such an answer.  Funny how we don't like discussing money problems, especially when in abundance.  Something even families have a hard time discussing around the dinner table.  But it is a legitimate question.  How do you go about discussing it with your significant other?  You do realize that money is still the number one cause of divorce in the US right?

Filipinos have no or little money sense, the less they know the less it will hurt you.

• Like 3