Asawa Ko Issues - The Novela

Mick
Posted
Posted

See the brain dead hijackers have taken over the main topic ax usual.... 

Back to the op, save your money up, get the hell out, give her your number only, never where your staying, watch her fall in love with you again when the money stops... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ITGeek
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Gary D said:

In the provinces 30k per month should get you something pretty decent. Don't forget that as a foreigner you can only own a condo and 2m is not going to get you much if anything.

It's been my understanding that while I can't own the land, I could get a 25 year lease and own the building on the land.  Not unless the laws have changed (again).

ITGeek
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

Maybe try renting a house in Cabanatuan and ask your wife to move there? Partly your own fault for moving in with her family in the first place to be honest. 

Not sure if you understood in my OP I stated I have Early Onset Dementia, therefore I must rely primarily upon my US family's advice.  I used to be independent, adventurous and always helped others.  So imagine the humbling experience of having to rely upon others for assistance.  No offense, but the blame isn't on me.  Yes, I know the old saying, "Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me."  applies.  However, my situation is the former, not latter of that saying.

• Like 1

ITGeek
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, graham59 said:

Yeah we just have to suffer...being all of 7 miles from the beach... but how often do those who live nearer to one actually spend time on it ... for all the extra expense ? :whatever:

Most of that decision is because I prefer living in a more secluded and serene location.  It's also important for me to stay physically active as well.  While my father was in the USAF, he was once stationed in Savannah, GA and we were within a bike ride of the beach.  I enjoy walking and more especially swimming in the warm ocean.  Swimming is one of the best overall exercise, low impact with high muscle movement.  Those who have bad knees or ankles can relate to what I'm talking about :biggrin: 

• Like 2

ITGeek
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Guy F. said:

I'd never allow my kids to play in a river here unless it was in the very high mountains. Remember, most people can't even afford a septic system.

I live within 2 blocks of a river.  I wouldn't go in it even wearing a full hazmat suit.  Between the sewage and carabao, it would be safer walking down the streets of Wuhan licking every door knob and hand rail.

• Haha 2

Heeb
Posted
Posted

Back in the 90,s I visited my wife's' house in Camarines Norte, it sat above a valley with a stream winding through it, very breathtaking view, we swam in it a few times and it was crystal clear with a nice little waterfall. A decade later when I visited it was totally polluted and the rice fields around it gone, a Chinese company that was building a highway nearby had used it for a dump, very sad.

• Sad 2

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Gary D said:

That looks like a spoils heap dumped in the background. Our son and 5 friends from the UK just after before Christmas went canyoneering in Kawasan Falls, nearly wrecked their vacation have the sh.ts for 3 days afterwards. 

Kawasan Falls in Cebu Province, or Kawasan Falls in Bohol Province?

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Mick said:

See the brain dead hijackers have taken over the main topic ax usual.... 

Back to the op, save your money up, get the hell out, give her your number only, never where your staying, watch her fall in love with you again when the money stops... 

You're on ignore. 

I also predict that you will lose a lot of money in the Philippines.  Remember I said that.  

Edited by graham59
  • Haha 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, ITGeek said:

Most of that decision is because I prefer living in a more secluded and serene location.  It's also important for me to stay physically active as well.  While my father was in the USAF, he was once stationed in Savannah, GA and we were within a bike ride of the beach.  I enjoy walking and more especially swimming in the warm ocean.  Swimming is one of the best overall exercise, low impact with high muscle movement.  Those who have bad knees or ankles can relate to what I'm talking about :biggrin: 

Yes, I understand that about swimming (good exercise...easy on the joints,etc).  I like to swim myself. 

More to the point, if you have early onset dementia, I'd be looking at your future SAFETY...in all aspects of your life. 

At some point SOMEBODY is going to have to take care of you !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, graham59 said:

Yes, I understand that about swimming (good exercise...easy on the joints,etc).  I like to swim myself. 

More to the point, if you have early onset dementia, I'd be looking at your future SAFETY...in all aspects of your life. 

At some point SOMEBODY is going to have to take care of you !

Thank you for pointing out this important fact Graham.

I know easier said than done but perhaps you should be seriously looking into it NOW.

• Like 1