Western world has lost its mind

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

So I reiterate that I will simply stay at home.

Meanwhile, we will go visit the home site again on Saturday...

:whistling:

Sorry Tom, I just couldn't resist that one!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, hk blues said:

:whistling:

Sorry Tom, I just couldn't resist that one!  

Home... home site...? Nice catch!  I guess slip of the mind or digits?  Same place... Hahahaha... I will just make sure to have plenty of Tanduay sanitizer on hand at each!!!

Edited by Tommy T.

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

Crazier and crazier every day.  Pushing that fear and panic with every breath.  Now they are trying to scare young people with "you may not be as immune as you think" stories.  Stock market carnage out the wazoo.  Throttling back internet bandwidth to certain areas to maintain performance in other areas.  Countries accusing each other of various lies and deceit.  Personally I think someone at the WHO is going to have some explaining to do when this is all over.   

Thank God for Philippines!  Where the weather is always nice, the girls always beautiful, and we don't survive on a thin supply chain (much).  

I'm still upbeat, boys!  

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Marvin Boggs said:

Crazier and crazier every day.  Pushing that fear and panic with every breath.  Now they are trying to scare young people with "you may not be as immune as you think" stories.  Stock market carnage out the wazoo. 

When you are thinking one way and you meet everyone else thinking the other way, do you ever ask who is thinking the wrong way?  Remember the global warming thread . .  everybody says that when all the scientists agree then they must be right.  Just askin' for a friend. :whistling:  My family is self isolating except for going out to buy groceries and such.  Every once in a while I wonder about the Covid 19 positives who are self isolataing who also have to eat.  They may be in the grocery store too.  But for now I figure eating is better than worrying.

Anyway, the point I am making is to just relax and go with the flow.  You can hold "WHO"ever accountable when its all over.

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

23 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

When you are thinking one way and you meet everyone else thinking the other way, do you ever ask who is thinking the wrong way?  Remember the global warming thread . .  everybody says that when all the scientists agree then they must be right.  Just askin' for a friend. :whistling:  My family is self isolating except for going out to buy groceries and such.  Every once in a while I wonder about the Covid 19 positives who are self isolataing who also have to eat.  They may be in the grocery store too.  But for now I figure eating is better than worrying.

Anyway, the point I am making is to just relax and go with the flow.  You can hold "WHO"ever accountable when its all over.

Dave, MY point is to relax and go with the flow, so I'm not sure what you're getting at.  Herd mentality is what it is, whether we are talking global warming or Corona virus.  "Everybody says" is not always sound basis for a conclusion, especially when that everybody is a hyper-panic news machine more interested in getting a reaction than presenting objective information.  I don't know why people must 'moo along' instead of analyzing and thinking for themselves, that has always been a mystery to me.   

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Marvin Boggs said:

Dave, MY point is to relax and go with the flow, so I'm not sure what you're getting at.  Herd mentality is what it is

Sorry, it just seems your point is not clear to me because herd mentality IS the current flow and you sound like you are fighting it.

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

Oh I see what you mean.  Yes I'm fighting the herd mentality.  Always.  The herd mentality right now is panic.  By 'go with the flow' I was referring to take it easy. 

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Marvin Boggs said:

'go with the flow' I was referring to take it easy. 

Marvin... sounds like you should go now to take a vacation in south Florida? (making a joke, my friend!:tiphat:)

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Marvin... sounds like you should go now to take a vacation in south Florida? (making a joke, my friend!:tiphat:)

Oof, I'm staying PUT my friend.  :tiphat:  Got a family member in Florida, that seems like crazy town for sure! 

• Sad 1