PLDT Upgrade

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Dave, what is the name of that server in Los Angeles?  Just for fun, I will test on it.

Airlink.  First one to show up when searching for one in Los Angeles

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

13519791385.png

I just had Fiber installed here in Canada.  Seems my results are similar to what you folks in the Philippines are getting.  I wonder how long the fast speeds last?  Has anyone had their connection for a year or more and do the speeds go down?

Just for fun....

Paying for 100 mbps with PLDT Fibre.  All of these results are slow.  Last week I was getting 230 on the Makati server and well over 100 on everything else.

There seems to be a problem between the Philippines and West Coast.  I never have slow download speeds like this.

No VPN PLDT Makati server

Screenshot (730).png

No VPN

Telus Vancouver Server                                                    Airlink Los Angeles Server

Screenshot (722).png Screenshot (724).png

With Express VPN Los Angeles vpn server

Telus Vancouver                                                                   Airlink Los Angeles

Screenshot (726).png  Screenshot (728).png

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Paying for 100 mbps with PLDT Fibre.

Wow.  Philippine Internet Service has sure improved from my days there.  I get TV, Internet and Home Landline Phone service for a CDN$135 a month package.  That seems to be almost 6K Pesos a month.  How does the Philippine price compare now?

jimeve
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Wow.  Philippine Internet Service has sure improved from my days there.  I get TV, Internet and Home Landline Phone service for a CDN$135 a month package.  That seems to be almost 6K Pesos a month.  How does the Philippine price compare now?

I only pay cignal 700 a month and 2000 a month to PLDT.

• Like 2

OzeMike
Posted
Posted

We haven't upgraded after the 3years PLDT Fibr contract here in Duma. 20Mbs P1,899 a month. Last night it was running around 40Mbs and is usually 27 or higher.

• Like 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

We pay 2400 peso a month for 100MBps cable and a bunch of TV channels, 1GB is available in parts of CDO but not yet where we are.

Honestly the 100MBps is plenty fast enough for us and it's been very reliable this trip (unlike a few years back where it used to stop working a bit).

It's actually more reliable and a bit faster than my FTTN connection back in Aussie (and about 1/3rd the cost).

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I pay p2999 a month for a 100 mbps promise, internet & landline only.  We started with 50 mbps + Cignal TV for around the same.  Upgraded and dropped the Cignal later, ending up with the same.  I think a new user can get a better deal.  I think I need to call them and talk myself into a lower cost.  The only issue is that we might be moving and they probably want to lock you in for 2 years if they give you a good deal.

https://www.pldthome.com/Fiber#plans

Guys on the Angeles Expat FB group I am in post test results of 800+.  Not sure how much they pay.  Some rentals also say that.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted

We pay 2199 to Globe for 350mbps internet including landline and another 1650php to Cignal for their full package of channels so around 3,850php monthly total.  

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, hk blues said:

We pay 2199 to Globe for 350mbps internet including landline and another 1650php to Cignal for their full package of channels so around 3,850php monthly total.  

And Cignal have dropped EPL from their premier football. Showing Dutch footie instead.

• Sad 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, jimeve said:

And Cignal have dropped EPL from their premier football. Showing Dutch footie instead.

And SPFL.  Good news is we have Korean and Chinese football instead! Actually, the Dutch football has been on Cignal for a couple of seasons already.  It's ok but not up to EPL standards. 

This is a recurring theme here, with Bein Sports taking it up for a couple of seasons and then dropping it and Premier Football stepping in after a season and showing it for 2 and then dropping - clearly there's just not enough demand here for it. Strangely, there was no additional charge for Premier Football - it was included in the 1650 package.  

• Like 1