3 minutes ago, jimeve said:

That tyre has more tread on, than the jeepneys round here

Maybe he "borrowed" it. :whistling:

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, hk blues said:

Doesn't only apply to Manila...same thing here in Iloilo.  

After being stuck outside the city for the duration, even my wife is ready to move back to Iloilo proper.  I am just out neat Oton (8 miles from city) and the grocery shopping options are very slim. We are both ready to get back to Mandurriao. 

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

After being stuck outside the city for the duration, even my wife is ready to move back to Iloilo proper.  I am just out neat Oton (8 miles from city) and the grocery shopping options are very slim. We are both ready to get back to Mandurriao. 

We're in Savannah so not far from you.  We have the newish Vista Mall so our options have improved - and Mandurriao is just a short jeepney ride away.  There's the usual selection of local stores and wet market on our doorstep, as well as a 7/11.  

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

We're in Savannah so not far from you.  We have the newish Vista Mall so our options have improved - and Mandurriao is just a short jeepney ride away.  There's the usual selection of local stores and wet market on our doorstep, as well as a 7/11.  

We are lucky the small PureGold opened in Oton. All we have is PureGold, Gaisano, and the wet market.  Down the road, in Tigbauan and Gimbal, they got nothing, and the border restrictions won't let them come to Oton to shop.  

• Thanks 1

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

We are lucky the small PureGold opened in Oton. All we have is PureGold, Gaisano, and the wet market.  Down the road, in Tigbauan and Gimbal, they got nothing, and the border restrictions won't let them come to Oton to shop.  

Guimbal got some nice street lights lol, I remember I used to live in San Jose, Antique and we'd drive back from Iloilo about once a month through Guimbal and I'd say to the wife 'this place looks nice, we should move here'. Then I searched it on Google and the mayor had just been charged for beating up a policeman so I said 'ok maybe not' :biggrin:

• Sad 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

My wife has family in Tigbauan/Gimbal.  Is that the place with the sun ray fencing throughout the whole area?

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic