Why live in the Philippines?

Ozapriliaguy
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

When I first read this I felt sorry for you but now I give the previous owner a thumbs up :thumbsup: Imagine that, you got scammed but still going on about this after all this time. lol

Hmm I'm thinking you will be moving on after your continuation of doing the only thing you know and thats to disrupt the forum and attack myself and some good standing members.

This part below I see a moderator removed so can you tell me why I should let you stay?

Ok - point: I have argued with only you, and some other individual who made insinuating comments about Australians being materialistic, when he is married to a person from one of the most materialistic countries in the world. Being a staunch Aussie, I was offended by his comment and retaliated.

Second point: Actually, a Moderator didn't remove it. It was me, I edited my post before it was approved, and after I received Scott H's comment..

You have to admit - I got you motivated and got some good discussion going. :shades: It's just the internet - don't take it too seriously - it's not real life.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 7/18/2020 at 9:27 AM, GeoffH said:

Robinsons have KRAFT cheddar and Mozarella

I was at Metro today in It Park and they had mozzarella blocks there for first time. They had always had a small cheese selection as it's not a big store. Will try it soon. Other aus cheese was Bega and Melbourne and Kraft plus local. I know Rustan's do but also there are several places like Italian stores that supply everything one could ask for. Yes I know its imported but there are local varieties too.

Someone mentioned sugar free bread was not available but it depends where you live. Here in Cebu city an Australian chef has a bakery which makes low or no sugar bread, cant remember now. They also have Australian meat pies, sausage rolls or a vanilla slice to tickle one's fancy plus much more. Soon to open another store in Ayala near metro he told me weeks back but issues with lockdown.

Anyway to me a lot of local food or ingredients is fine so see no reason to have to have a western diet all the time or usually I can produce food that is pretty much equivalent to what i'm used to before moving here.

• Like 5

Ozapriliaguy
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

They also have a vanilla slice .

Yeah...a good Vanilla Slice is hard to ignore...what about the original Coconut Macaroon? loved them as a kid.

Edited by Ozapriliaguy

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Ozapriliaguy said:

Yeah...a good Vanilla Slice is hard to ignore...what about the original Coconut Macaroon? loved them as a kid.

Don't know how original but since the guy is Aussie I assume that it could be made to what you are used to.

menu bakery.jpg menu bakery 2.jpg

• Love it 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Ozapriliaguy said:

Careful mate, honest opinions aren't appreciated here. We are all supposted to LOVE the Philippines. Ppppfffttt! 

Someone posted a good comment about 'buyers remorse' - I'm pretty much stuck in CDO. I was paying a lot of rent for an apartment which was on a quiet street, but it all changed when the RTA diverted all heavy port traffic from the highway down our street, so apart from the dogs, we had to suffer Container Truck exhaust fumes 24/7. Since my wife was studying in the city, I wanted to buy close-by as I didn't want her riding her motorcycle a long distance. 

So I looked local, and thought that we had found a good place for the right money - well, after moving in we discovered why the owners sold. Every person has a mongrel. There are squatters over our back fence breeding pigs - so you can imagine the smell,  we have to keep most of our house locked up and even then you can smell the tae. 

So, after tolerating this crap for 3+ years, I've finally had enough. You would think that you could come to an expat forum and vent your frustrations to people who might understand...nope. Expat forums like this one are invariable filled with people who don't want to hear someone else's take on the place.

Be careful or you will be tagged an arsehole by little 'men' who don't like the truth.

Thats tough, one of the reason we moved from a city I loved and built a house was dogs so sure can sympathize here. Its just not possible reason with the owners from my experience.  As for container trucks and diesel, sounds just as bad and sure not good for ones health. 

Members  whom live in semi protected areas would have problems to understand this, most on this forum certainly would appreciate your situation.  At least your spared the dreaded Karaoke.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Heeb said:

Well for me I’ve been in Washington state for about 10 days now, I will be going back in a few weeks, it sure has been nice here, I can walk to the grocery store nearby and find just about everything I need and good quality, I’ve enjoyed sitting on the back patio without sweat dripping off me and being attacked by flys, and mosquitoes. Then there’s the the beer selection  and THC products, life is good but something still draws me to the Philippines so back I will go.

All true except the sweating part. It's been darn hot the past two days!!! 

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Old55 said:

It's been darn hot the past two days!!!

Ahhh.... The one weekend of annual Washington summer?

Don't worry...before you know it, the weather will turn dark, drizzly and cold with painfully short daylight hours... The mold will replace your bit of suntan!:shades:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Old55 said:

without sweat dripping off me and being attacked by flys, and mosquitoes.

or barking dogs, karaoke...

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Ahhh.... The one weekend of annual Washington summer?

Don't worry...before you know it, the weather will turn dark, drizzly and cold with painfully short daylight hours... The mold will replace your bit of suntan!:shades:

Rust never sleeps……...

• Haha 1