Getting the vaccine for foreigners in the Philippines being looked at.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Well it looks like expats will get the jab here but it has not been stated how much it will cost.

I maintain cautious optimism.

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

The for profit hospitals will be available for expat vaccination as long as the government does not interfere with their ability to procure and provide the service.  I hope they will just let the system work as it should.  

• Like 5

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

One possibility is the 600,000 doses of Sinovac vaccine donated by China will available free of charge for medical personnel, military, government employees, and the general public based on age.  The initial shipment of 100,000 doses from Pfizer could be fee-based through private clinics and hospitals.  Future shipments of vaccines more likely will be sourced through COVAC which operates something like a crowd funding agency.  Wealthy nations contribute money or commit vaccine supplies.  (Gates Foundations gave a substantial amount.)  COVAC then charges countries based on their ability to purchase or provide the vaccines for free.  The US government's initial contribution is $2 billion.  This could be in the form of US manufactured vaccines because the current government order is one billion doses, more than what's needed for its population.

• Like 4

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

The for profit hospitals will be available for expat vaccination as long as the government does not interfere with their ability to procure and provide the service.

The way I read it, all vaccines must be bought "through" government coordination at this time. LGU's and Businesses must get gov permission to talk to manufacturers. 

2 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

foreigners staying in the country

I wonder what the exact status would be of 13A holders. Technically we are "legal residents". Our city is buying some of the Astra jab and they are taking preregistration right now. I will try and register when they swing through here and report back

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Queenie O. said:

I'm not worried about the cost. I don't think that it would be an unreasonable amount. I'm just glad to hear that we're now included. :smile:

I agree - if the cost is prohibitive then people will simply not get it thus defeating the principal of nobody is safe until everybody is safe.

• Like 4

• Jollygoodfellow changed the title to Getting the vaccine for foreigners in the Philippines being looked at.
sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 2/25/2021 at 9:16 AM, Queenie O. said:

I'm not worried about the cost. I don't think that it would be an unreasonable amount. I'm just glad to hear that we're now included. :smile:

Now let's hope that vaccines will start to arrive ASAP!

Thanks Sonjack for finding this article! 

It`s not so much the cost as the fact that we are usually charged more than locals which irks me. 

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

It`s not so much the cost as the fact that we are usually charged more than locals which irks me. 

Well, I guess it will be more than for free:smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Freebie
Posted
Posted
On 2/25/2021 at 9:15 AM, JJReyes said:

One possibility is the 600,000 doses of Sinovac vaccine donated by China will available free of charge for medical personnel, military, government employees, and the general public based on age. 

Army has earmarked 100,000 of these, . 20% going to the soldiers or maybe its the over abundance of Generals.

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic