Getting the vaccine for foreigners in the Philippines being looked at.

graham59
Posted
Posted

Well, seems to me that the actual numbers of seriously 'at risk' persons here in the Philippines are pretty small, when compared with many other countries (elderly, comorbidities, etc) ...so hardly likely to impinge much on the rest of the young, working, tax-paying (?) population. 

Whether it would come down to ability to pay or not...well, 'chance would be a fine thing'.  :whatever:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Old55 said:

Will it simply come down to money? Those willing to pay may get access to vaccine before a free government provided distribution is allocated? 

I suspect that has already happened behind the scenes.

In public, "they" have to careful about alienating the masses.  Although, honestly, at my level of knowledge, the lower class masses don't really seem to give a damn.

1e8p94.jpg

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 4/13/2021 at 3:36 PM, OnMyWay said:

I suspect that has already happened behind the scenes.

In public, "they" have to careful about alienating the masses.  Although, honestly, at my level of knowledge, the lower class masses don't really seem to give a damn.

1e8p94.jpg

I read a post on FB yesterday and an expat in Paranaque had his jab free of any charges. 

• Like 3

BC57
Posted
Posted
On 2/25/2021 at 7:14 AM, sonjack2847 said:

Well it looks like expats will get the jab here but it has not been stated how much it will cost.

We have a family member that works in the community health department and she said since i'm a resident that it would be free so sooner or later all of us should find out if true.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, BC57 said:

We have a family member that works in the community health department and she said since i'm a resident that it would be free so sooner or later all of us should find out if true.

Read my last post mate

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, BC57 said:

5 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I read a post on FB yesterday and an expat in Paranaque had his jab free of any charges. 

That makes sense and is the way it should be.  I just hope they apply such common sense across the country but...

Yeochief
Posted
Posted

Some good information, not just for American Veterans, but talking about the COVID19 vaccine, and later on getting a booster, so maybe booster for COVID19 like the yearly flu shot.  

https://www.facebook.com/navytimes/videos/828944194706830

Facebook

roddavis
Posted
Posted

Well to start, the US donates P170M to support vaccinations here, with more to come, does that mean

we will get a jab for free! haha! I'll bet we still will get charged at least more than double the going rate!

https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2021/04/15/2091365/us-donates-p170m-support-covid-19-vaccination-philippines?fbclid=IwAR2lVB9fsapzhH9PjjKh2fjGFj6aFNNxc6iXP8ZOcEXnKt5dh-dFsDkVpOo

MANILA, Philippines — After the Palace incorrectly claimed that the US has not donated a single vaccine dose to the Philippines, its embassy on Thursday said Washington has donated an additional P170 million to the country's vaccination program, bringing its total pandemic assistance to nearly P1.3 billion.

The US Embassy in the Philippines in a statement said the donation was coursed through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and handed over to the Department of Health. 

Related Stories

Top COVAX donors US, EU welcome arrival of AstraZeneca jabs in Philippines

'Where is Uncle Sam now?' Roque twits US, a top COVAX funder

"Through this new funding, USAID will support the Philippines in strengthening the vaccine supply chain, monitoring vaccine safety, and delivering effective communication campaigns to address vaccine hesitancy," the embassy said.

"This assistance will also support local government units as they plan for, track, and administer vaccines." 

US donating 44 million vaccine doses

"If the president did not come to power, our only BFF will be the Americans," presidential spokesman Harry Roque said on April 7. "Have we gotten a single vial of vaccine from the Americans? The answer is No."

"[W]here's Uncle Sam now?" he further taunted. 

But the US Embassy in a fact sheet posted on its website said Washington would be donating a total of 44 million COVID-19 vaccine doses to Manila, 487,200 — or 1.10% — of which have already been delivered as of April 15.  

The fact sheet also shows that one in five Filipinos will receive a vaccine from the COVAX facility, a World Health Organization-led initiative to which the US is the largest donor. 

The Biden administration in February pledged $4 billion, or P194 billion, in funding to the COVAX facility, half of which has already been released through USAID. 

Freebie
Posted
Posted

I live in Makati and getting my first vaccine shot tomorrow. Registered a few weeks ago on the Makati city site. Second shot will be 4 weeks thereafter. And its free.

• Like 4

jimeve
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

My mate got his  for free. Morong.

• Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic