Getting the vaccine for foreigners in the Philippines being looked at.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

It`s not so much the cost as the fact that we are usually charged more than locals which irks me. 

Being charged more for some things bothers me a bit but this would not be one of them.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Being charged more for some things bothers me a bit but this would not be one of them.

I would willingly pay for some locals to get the jab but I don`t like to buy somebody a new car.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I know it's not necessarily comparable, but isn't it a little ittitating that as foreigners we would have to pay yet many of our countries are vaccinating all residents free - including illegal immigrants in the UK?

Let's not forget how cheap the vaccines actually are, how big the population here is and how small a percentage we foreigners are of the total.

I'll pay but I'm not going to say I don't mind paying if I'm being honest.

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, hk blues said:

I know it's not necessarily comparable, but isn't it a little ittitating that as foreigners we would have to pay yet many of our countries are vaccinating all residents free - including illegal immigrants in the UK?

Let's not forget how cheap the vaccines actually are, how big the population here is and how small a percentage we foreigners are of the total.

I'll pay but I'm not going to say I don't mind paying if I'm being honest.

HK have you heard the price being charged for the Sinovac

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, RBM said:

HK have you heard the price being charged for the Sinovac

It costs 1,300php for 2 doses.   As for how much we will be charged - ???.  Anything more than a 500% mark-up would seem excessive.  

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, hk blues said:

It costs 1,300php for 2 doses.   As for how much we will be charged - ???.  Anything more than a 500% mark-up would seem excessive.  

Is anyone here actually interested in getting the Sinovac?  Not me.  54% effective in Brazil.  No thanks.

Here in Subic Bay Freeport residents were asked to do a survey about a month ago, including questions about which vaccine they would prefer, and how many family members would need it.  SBMA is working with PRC (Philippines Red Cross) on a deal to get shots for all residents.  Senator Dick Gordon, as you may know, has strong ties to Olongapo and the Freeport, and he is also CEO of PRC.  Amy Eisma, SBMA Chairwoman, also has strong ties to Gordon, so our fingers are crossed.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, OnMyWay said:

Is anyone here actually interested in getting the Sinovac?  Not me.  54% effective in Brazil.  No thanks.

Here in Subic Bay Freeport residents were asked to do a survey about a month ago, including questions about which vaccine they would prefer, and how many family members would need it.  SBMA is working with PRC (Philippines Red Cross) on a deal to get shots for all residents.  Senator Dick Gordon, as you may know, has strong ties to Olongapo and the Freeport, and he is also CEO of PRC.  Amy Eisma, SBMA Chairwoman, also has strong ties to Gordon, so our fingers are crossed.

Here in Iloilo, they are taking donations to buy the AZ vaccine and have placed an order for it.  But, not all of us will get that "premium" option and we will have to take what's available.  Many are unfortunate enough not to be able to choose and faced with a choice of Sinovac or nothing, I'll take Sinovac.  Unfortunately, we cannot ignore the political aspect of the Sinovac vaccine which will impact it's acceptance here.  

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, hk blues said:

faced with a choice of Sinovac or nothing, I'll take Sinovac.

Not me.  I will wait.  Or perhaps take a vacation to someplace where I can get a good one.  Guam might work.

On 2/28/2021 at 7:41 AM, sonjack2847 said:

I would willingly pay for some locals to get the jab but I don`t like to buy somebody a new car.

I forgot to mention, residents here had the idea tossed out, "buy one, give one".  Most residents here in the freeport are not poor, and most thought that would be a good idea, if they knew who was going to get the other one.  Corruption could easily be involved.  For me, if I was sitting right next to the other recipient of the shot I paid for, that would be best.

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Not me.  I will wait.  Or perhaps take a vacation to someplace where I can get a good one.  Guam might work.

Australia just announced boarder to remain closed until June then reassessed. We've put aside enough to vaccinate the immediate family when can, cheaper than a funeral. :thumbsup:

• Like 4

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Clermont said:

Australia just announced boarder to remain closed until June then reassessed. We've put aside enough to vaccinate the immediate family when can, cheaper than a funeral. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, Clermont, the vaccine can only postpone the inevitable. 

• Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic