Getting the vaccine for foreigners in the Philippines being looked at.

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Actually I wouldn't worry to much about the vaccine being in short supply, In another month or two it will be in abundance. I just watched on TV that there is only about 3 countries in the world that are vaccinating the daily amount of people they told the public they would. The vaccine doesn't last for ever and to save face they'll adopt a third world country to give the excess doses too, any takers on an argument on that statement. :morning1:

• Like 4

hk blues
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Clermont said:

Actually I wouldn't worry to much about the vaccine being in short supply, In another month or two it will be in abundance. I just watched on TV that there is only about 3 countries in the world that are vaccinating the daily amount of people they told the public they would. The vaccine doesn't last for ever and to save face they'll adopt a third world country to give the excess doses too, any takers on an argument on that statement. :morning1:

Very good point, Clermont.  Countries like the UK have ordered significantly more vaccines than they need as they had to decide which horses to back before the race started and spread their bets accordingly.  

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

True story from BC Canada.  Was on the news tonight but I am paraphrasing so look it up yourself if you want a link

Cheif Medical Officer in BC. . . "Yeah we are not gonna give two shots of the vaccine like the scientists tell us.  We decided to give the 2 shots 4 months apart . . maybe"

Cheif Science Officer for Canada . .  "But that goes against Science.  You are using all BC residents as lab rats"

CMO for BC  "Yeah but we don't think that science works for us and the CSO wasn't here when me made the decision"

So this was how it went.  I am just throwing it out there for those who are constantly saying to ask the docs or listen to the scientists . .  Yeah . .  Gonna get right on that.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Also, Australia has donated 1/2 billion dollars towards the vaccine for the Asian population, no word on what countries/islands that will be for. As for the PI's, the people are bucking about the Chinness vaccine being used. Once the wealthier countries bragging of being the first to start vaccinating wears off, you'll see these third world countries start getting their share. By the way HK, Australia is like the UK, ordered far more vaccine than our population and now we manufacture the vaccine. I think these pollies treat us like mushrooms, feed us on bulldust and keep us in the dark. :thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

Lets not forget that 12/14 months ago this was a journey into the unknown.

There was the race to find the first vaccine which needed to be kept at low temperature,   then one that can be stored in a fridge, now its  one jab or two, new variants appearing  etc etc.

Although there may well be delays in reaching some countries, the more we will know how to deal with it.

The latest info;

image.png

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I read a story earlier that the UK has sent 500,000 doses over here. Yes only a small amount but if other countries follow suit then they will soon get through this I`m sure.

• Like 4

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Just a progress report. Yesterday we were given forms to fill out to register for the Astra Jab by our city. The form asked for age, income and preexisting conditions. No mention of nationality or citizenship. We will fill out, turn in and see what happens. :cheers:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, scott h said:

Just a progress report. Yesterday we were given forms to fill out to register for the Astra Jab by our city. The form asked for age, income and preexisting conditions. No mention of nationality or citizenship. We will fill out, turn in and see what happens. :cheers:

Good to know - interesting that they asked for income info.  I wonder if they are going to try to charge some for the vaccines?  Alternatively, might just be another data gathering exercise for the sake of it.  

• Like 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

Here in Cagayan de Oro many have had forms to fill in regarding vaccinations.

In addition:

From Philstar Global 6th March 2021

Overall, the Philippines is expected to receive over 40 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines from the US and the United Kingdom this year, Romualdez and British Ambassador Daniel Pruce said in separate interviews.

“I think you’ll see a steady stream of consignment arriving throughout the rest of the year, and in total I think by the end of the year we’ll have something in the order of 22 to 23 million shots of the AstraZeneca vaccine in the Philippines,” Pruce said in an interview with GMA 7’s “Unang Hirit.”

Apart from those coming from COVAX, Pruce said the additional vaccine shipments would include doses purchased by the private sector and local government units.

A total of 487,200 doses of AstraZeneca vaccines arrived in the country Thursday night courtesy of the COVAX Facility, a scheme that helps ensure equitable distribution of vaccines to poor nations.

The country was expected to initially receive around 525,600 doses of AstraZeneca jabs.

Pruce explained the slightly lower consignment was purely due to practical and logistics reasons.

He said the Philippines is expected to receive four to five million doses more of AstraZeneca vaccines from COVAX.

“Of course within the COVAX Facility there will be further deliveries planned, I think four to five million in total of the AstraZeneca vaccine and other vaccines as well,” he said.

Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana said “up to 4.5 million doses” of AstraZeneca are set for delivery through COVAX Facility in two weeks’ time “and will be completed by the end of May.”

“These vaccines, in addition to other vaccines, shall provide protection to 20 percent of our entire population,” Lorenzana, chairman of the National Task Force (NTF) Against COVID-19, said.

Pruce said the UK government has no plan of inoculating British citizens living abroad.

“We have no plans to roll out the UK’s NHS COVID-19 vaccination program to British nationals living overseas,” he said in a video message posted on the British embassy’s Twitter account.

“Wherever possible, British nationals who are resident here in the Philippines should aim to be vaccinated here. We will share information on local vaccine rollouts on our travel advice pages and social media platforms as they are announced,” he said.’

End of quote.

As a considerable number of the vaccines, some 40 million this year alone, are coming from the US and the UK, I would hope that expats would be included in the vaccination programme. Especially, as I understand it, a large number are being donated to the Philippines

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Huggybearman said:

As a considerable number of the vaccines, some 40 million this year alone, are coming from the US and the UK, I would hope that expats would be included in the vaccination programme. Especially, as I understand it, a large number are being donated to the Philippines

I wonder how many Filipino nurses that would equate to, ( forgive the sarcasm ) from a previous statement in another Topic. "Trade Nurses for Vaccine's"

Edited by Kuya John

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic