A new possible medication to treat Covid

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

While this potential therapeutic is still being ignored by media, the impact can be huge.  The promise is the ability to reduce Covid-19 to a case of a bad flu treatable from home rather than a hospital.  A doctor's prescription will be required and the person most likely will have to stay at home for a few days.  All those who refuse the available vaccines have an alternative if they get Covid-19.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I think it may be a bit early to get too excited.  The article seems to contradict itself speaking both of stage 1 and stage 2 studies.  Then further in the article we read;

<snip>

The doctor said even though only 182 patients were studied during testing so far, the pill could still be "very promising" for thousands of people.

<end snip>

And "thousands" is a very small number when compared to millions.  Not trying to be pessimistic but rather pragmatic. 

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

While that's welcoming news, it would be interesting to see the results of known sufferer's of Covid who had used the pill in their recovery.

image.png

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 2

fred
Posted
Posted

The strange thing is that the vaccine being administered via millions of doses in the USA is not yet FDA approved..
Just as Ivermectin is not.
Think about that for a minute.

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

News just breaking!!!!

Just to confuse us all.......

image.png

Edited by Kuya John

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Kuya John said:

Just to confuse us all.

No confusion in the US.  It seems the US has emphatically stated (paraphrasing) . . . If you don't want it there are millions who do.  So the US will not ship any AZ to the EU now.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-eu-astrazeneca-exc-idUSKBN2B3295

• Like 2

Terry P
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Kuya John said:

News just breaking!!!!

Just to confuse us all.......

image.png

That's true John but

The scientists are saying the occurance of blood clots is no higher than in the general population

Another bit of scaremongering from people in authority who haven't a clue what they're talking about

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, TerryP said:

That's true John but

The scientists are saying the occurance of blood clots is no higher than in the general population

Another bit of scaremongering from people in authority who haven't a clue what they're talking about

I'm with you on this one Terry.  Logic tells me the vaccine has been given to predominantly those in high risk groups which would include many elderly and infirm who are probably at a higher risk of getting any medical condition.  Now if they can produce results showing a large increase in younger, healthy people suffering blood clots then I'd be concerned.

Fortunately being a tourist in the Philippines I think it will be next year before I get a sniff of a vaccine and by then more studies will have been carried out and who knows, Covid may have mutated into the common cold by then.

Edited by Snowy79
grandma ;-)
  • Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

fred
Posted
Posted (edited)

Fortunately, I live in the Philippines with no plans to travel for a good few years..  Our family have decided to avoid this so called "vaccine" for at least a couple of years..
My hope is that, in the meantime I can find a good health department agent that will sell us the Covid vaccine passport without it actually being administered.
This is the advantage of living in a country with openly corrupt admin.

Edited by fred
  • Sad 2

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic