Annoying Local Behavior

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Just caught up with this topic but  I am now confused as to what it is about, could be about annoying local behavior or could be about who owns cats and dogs, or might even be about armed groups in the Philippines.

Maybe it's time to close the topic as it seems to have run its course. :tiphat:

Onemore, please reply to posts outside a quote, not inside it.

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Just caught up with this topic but  I am now confused as to what it is about, could be about annoying local behavior or could be about who owns cats and dogs, or might even be about armed groups in the Philippines.

274147658_963652634290780_2261067761351921828_n.jpeg

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Sorry, JGF. I am also guilty as charged....

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Guilty, oops.

Viking
Posted
Posted

I have another thing I find a bit annoying. Quite often when I shop in the palenke or riding a tricycle, when they return my change, it's not a folded or straight bill but in the shape of a small ball. No big deal but it feels like a very unpractical way to keep their money  🤔

Anyone else who feels the same?

• Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, Viking said:

I have another thing I find a bit annoying. Quite often when I shop in the palenke or riding a tricycle, when they return my change, it's not a folded or straight bill but in the shape of a small ball. No big deal but it feels like a very unpractical way to keep their money  🤔

Anyone else who feels the same?

I haven't really experienced that much - often the notes are folded into a thin cylinder that I then need to unwind to put in my wallet.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

The dogs deter the annoying local pests. 

Armed insurgency groups are annoying.

As for Onemore, can't help you there :89:

• Haha 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

I can’t either. No worries 

• Haha 1

mountainside
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Viking said:

Quite often when I shop in the palenke or riding a tricycle, when they return my change, it's not a folded or straight bill but in the shape of a small ball. No big deal but it feels like a very unpractical way to keep their money  🤔

My wife brings her shopping list to the grocery, finds the first item, then crumples the list into a small ball.  And un-crumples and crumples that list through the entire shopping trip.  I just now asked her about it.  She says the currency crumpling is especially prevalent among habal-habal and trike drivers.  They prefer it to dismounting and sorting through a wallet or stack of folded bills.  She says her own grocery-list crumpling is a carry-over from her childhood (although she doesn't crumple currency).

Viking
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, hk blues said:

I haven't really experienced that much - often the notes are folded into a thin cylinder that I then need to unwind to put in my wallet.

That's something new to me, never got it folded as a cylinder. Maybe it differs between regions?

Jeepney drivers used to fold the bills lengthwise and keep them between their fingers, but it's a long time now since I ride a jeepney so I don't know if it's still the same, it probably is.