Annoying Local Behavior

Viking
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, mountainside said:

My wife brings her shopping list to the grocery, finds the first item, then crumples the list into a small ball.  And un-crumples and crumples that list through the entire shopping trip.  I just now asked her about it.  She says the currency crumpling is especially prevalent among habal-habal and trike drivers.  They prefer it to dismounting and sorting through a wallet or stack of folded bills.  She says her own grocery-list crumpling is a carry-over from her childhood (although she doesn't crumple currency).

She's right about the trike drivers. That's where I usually have experienced this money crumpling behavior. Most of them do return the change in a "normal" way, but maybe one out of ten return a ball of money, hahaha.

I had a theory that they were feeling richer when they crumbled the bills because the pockets fill up very fast 😜

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Viking said:

That's something new to me, never got it folded as a cylinder. Maybe it differs between regions?

Jeepney drivers used to fold the bills lengthwise and keep them between their fingers, but it's a long time now since I ride a jeepney so I don't know if it's still the same, it probably is.

Yes, still the same from my observation.   They keep them folded and tucked between different fingers to keep the various denominations apart.  Kind of a quick and convenient cash drawer.

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted

Back on topic, probably mentioned before how ever......

Trying have a nice quiet quiet hot drink in a resto, inevitably someone will sit some where in the near and have his fone screaming....yes intensity of a 747.... 

Or....somebody screaming into their cell........All I want is a quiet drink.......So now just have it at home.

• Like 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, RBM said:

Back on topic, probably mentioned before how ever......

Trying have a nice quiet quiet hot drink in a resto, inevitably someone will sit some where in the near and have his fone screaming....yes intensity of a 747.... 

Or....somebody screaming into their cell........All I want is a quiet drink.......So now just have it at home.

We were at a restaurant and there was a young woman sitting next to us having a conversation with her friend sitting about 10 feet away, my partner had words with her and she moved away, I don’t know what she said but I know it was stern words.

Now there is a new fad out here in the province, with people taking their toy dogs into the shopping centres.

• Love it 1
  • Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Viking said:

That's something new to me, never got it folded as a cylinder. Maybe it differs between regions?

Jeepney drivers used to fold the bills lengthwise and keep them between their fingers, but it's a long time now since I ride a jeepney so I don't know if it's still the same, it probably is.

Perhaps it is regional - our jeepney drivers even have a special cash box with slots where the cylindrical notes sit.  Definitely also seen the folded bills held between their fingers practice as well.  

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

We were at a restaurant and there was a young woman sitting next to us having a conversation with her friend sitting about 10 feet away, my partner had words with her and she moved away, I don’t know what she said but I know it was stern words.

Now there is a new fad out here in the province, with people taking their toy dogs into the shopping centres.

Yep, here in Iloilo it's common to see numerous shapes and sizes of dogs in SM City.  I don't have an issue in general but it's a tad annoying if they start yelping in the food court. 

Viking
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

It's the same in Manila!

It makes me smile every time I see it because it looks so weird seeing a dog wearing diapers 😂

However, I do understand why this is required if they shall bring the dog inside the mall, but if it was me, I would rather leave my dog at home 👍

hk blues
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Viking said:

It's the same in Manila!

It makes me smile every time I see it because it looks so weird seeing a dog wearing diapers 😂

However, I do understand why this is required if they shall bring the dog inside the mall, but if it was me, I would rather leave my dog at home 👍

At home where no-one can see it - nah!

Joking apart, it kind of reminds me of the custom of old in some European countries where they would put on their Sunday best and walk up and down the promenade with their dogs of an evening.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Here's a good one from tonight.  Call it annoying lack of retail efficiency.

I was tired but needed to run down to SM Central to buy ink bottles for the ink tanks on my printer, for some printing I needed to finish.  My patience tank was also empty.

Went to PC Express.  Showed them a picture of the type I needed.  Took him 2-3 minutes to find it in the computer.  How much?  Another 2-3 minutes.  OK, I'll get it.  Sir, what is your name?  I must have bad pronunciation because he had to repeat it three times, using a G instead of T.  Sir, can you write it down.  Ok.  He has all my info in the computer.  Time to pay.  No cashier.  Gets on the phone to find cashier.  How long, I ask.  I was ready to walk out.  They have 3 employees in the store but no cashier.  She shows up and enters her secure little glass booth.  Takes her a minute to find the record in the computer.  She proceeds to copy the info from the computer to a manual receipt book with duplicate.  p1175 pesos and I only have 2k.  Unlocks a cabinet and then unlocks a little cash box.  Sir, do you have 5 pesos?  Fumbles around, looking in little bags for the correct change.  Meanwhile, the first guy who had to check stock on the computer, reaches down two feet from the computer, into a lower cabinet, grabs the ink and puts it in a bag on the counter.  Cashier finishes and hand stamps the manual receipt "Paid" and also stamps Received, where she initials and dates it.  Then I have to sign the receipt.  Good, ready to go, I reach for the bag.  But wait!  First I have to see the first guy again.  He has a computer generated Warranty Slip.  Sir, please sign here.  Sign and then he also stamps Received, signs and dates it.  :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

So just now, I look at the Warranty Slip.  Warranty expires today.  :bonk:

PC Express!!!!

• Haha 5
  • Sad 2
  • Hmm thinking 1