Annoying Local Behavior

hk blues
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Here's a good one from tonight.  Call it annoying lack of retail efficiency.

I was tired but needed to run down to SM Central to buy ink bottles for the ink tanks on my printer, for some printing I needed to finish.  My patience tank was also empty.

Went to PC Express.  Showed them a picture of the type I needed.  Took him 2-3 minutes to find it in the computer.  How much?  Another 2-3 minutes.  OK, I'll get it.  Sir, what is your name?  I must have bad pronunciation because he had to repeat it three times, using a G instead of T.  Sir, can you write it down.  Ok.  He has all my info in the computer.  Time to pay.  No cashier.  Gets on the phone to find cashier.  How long, I ask.  I was ready to walk out.  They have 3 employees in the store but no cashier.  She shows up and enters her secure little glass booth.  Takes her a minute to find the record in the computer.  She proceeds to copy the info from the computer to a manual receipt book with duplicate.  p1175 pesos and I only have 2k.  Unlocks a cabinet and then unlocks a little cash box.  Sir, do you have 5 pesos?  Fumbles around, looking in little bags for the correct change.  Meanwhile, the first guy who had to check stock on the computer, reaches down two feet from the computer, into a lower cabinet, grabs the ink and puts it in a bag on the counter.  Cashier finishes and hand stamps the manual receipt "Paid" and also stamps Received, where she initials and dates it.  Then I have to sign the receipt.  Good, ready to go, I reach for the bag.  But wait!  First I have to see the first guy again.  He has a computer generated Warranty Slip.  Sir, please sign here.  Sign and then he also stamps Received, signs and dates it.  :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

So just now, I look at the Warranty Slip.  Warranty expires today.  :bonk:

PC Express!!!!

Pretty much my experience with many transactions here - I can feel my blood rising as the saga plays out. 

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Pretty much my experience with many transactions here - I can feel my blood rising as the saga plays out. 

I was in SM yesterday looking for some personal insect repellent so asked a sales consultant, who in turn asked another salesperson and so on and on it went until the 6th person came up with the answer to shut me down 

“we are out of stock Sir”.

• Haha 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Onemore52 said:

“we are out of stock Sir”.

Translated from Filipino to English = We have no clue what your request is so......

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, hk blues said:

Most of the time I bite my tongue, but last night I let them know that I was very frustrated at having to do all that stuff just to buy some ink.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Old55 said:

Translated from Filipino to English = We have no clue what your request is so......

That is when I show them a picture {google search) of what I want.  Works almost all the time. :thumbsup:

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Moalboal is having its annual fiesta.  Last night was music in the local park.  When I drove the town center this morning about 6:00 am I almost shed tears at the amount of garbage and litter that was left by people celebrating.  So much beauty in the Philippines, it just breaks my heart to see the garbage, litter, and basura, that people leave behind while claiming to love their country. :sad:  I know that the municipal government will pay folks to pickup the litter, but why, why, why, does it have to happen? :sad:

• Sad 3

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Moalboal is having its annual fiesta.  Last night was music in the local park.  When I drove the town center this morning about 6:00 am I almost shed tears at the amount of garbage and litter that was left by people celebrating.  So much beauty in the Philippines, it just breaks my heart to see the garbage, litter, and basura, that people leave behind while claiming to love their country. :sad:  I know that the municipal government will pay folks to pickup the litter, but why, why, why, does it have to happen? :sad:

Very simple, they are lazy and just like driving there is no discipline here. 
When I walk around the grounds where the factory is situated, I observe lolly wrappers just dropped on the ground as well as soft drink bottles everywhere.

We employ a gardener to do odd jobs around our property, the other day I was asked if I would let him tidy up the entrance to the facility where the workers barracks are, he confided to me later that there was mens and womens underwear just thrown into the bushes even tampons. so I told him not to go back.

• Sad 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

All this to me, is   just NOT a Local issue only but a NATIONAL Issue that has been around for over decades :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Cola Cubes
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Mike J said:

It is not just laziness.  What would a dog do?  It would leave a mess all over the place.  The dog is not lazy, rather it is not concerned with, or can`t comprehend, the consequences of it`s behaviour.  The dog analogy helps when trying to make sense of things here.  

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, Cola Cubes said:

What would a dog do?  It would leave a mess all over the place.

And that is why many Philippine locales do not have garbage cans everywhere.  They tried it on the boulevard in Dumaguete but the street dogs got in the garbage cans and scattered the trash everywhere.  Then the homeless went through the trash looking for anything they could sell.  Turns out that garbage cans are really a waste of money as they still have to send out people to pick it all up.

I do think we should encourage foreigners pick it all up.  It seems to bother them enough that they would be fine with that.  Before commenting, note that I did that myself.  The street in front of my house in Liloan, Cebu was frequently covered in trash so one day I got out there and picked it up.  Lo and behold, my neighbors did not want to be outdone so they got out there and did their own pieces of the street.

• Like 5
  • Hmm thinking 1