Regrets

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Cannot really comment yet about what you are asking as we are not over there up yet but are going to give it a try very soon , could being bored be the problem , maybe a change inside the Philippines or even a hobby could help you along .

stevewool
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Lee said:

If it were not for my wife, I would have never come here to live. She dutifully followed me from different jobs in the US and Europe for over 35 years. When we retired, she suggested she would like to go home---so how could I refuse. She has regrets about this decision now as her family is about as sorry as they come.

IMO the country itself is not much better.

Is there no chance of moving back to where you had left  if you both are regretting the decision that was made 

• Like 2

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Sure, there are many things to grip about but I guess they're just that, gripes so I can put them aside and live a comfortable enough life

I live the same way, I put them aside (we really have no choice).  We live in a third world country that really wants to stay a third world country.   Having a family here and knowing what they have to look forward to in the future, makes the pill a little more difficult to swallow.   We do our best, laugh, enjoy, see things when we can etc....   But I share Lee's sentiments. 

• Like 4

Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

Is there no chance of moving back to where you had left

There is certainly a chance of this of this happening---we have been selling off land assets for the last few years to accomplish this.

I'm not sure---despite what the wife says---that she is ready to push the get out of town button. Whatever these family turds are--they are still her family.

She has wondered aloud about who would take care of us at the end in the US since we have no relatives there.

Health issues are also catching up with us. I fear the worse if we did stay here and had to depend on local healthcare to be of some use. They haven't been to date anyway. YMWV

Edited by Lee
  • Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

I don't really want to say why at this stage BUt and the is always a BUT I wish I had never told my wifes Mother I would not take my wife or  her daughter out of the Philippines to the UK and at the time all those years ago I could have. :tiphat: 

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 4