Regrets

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Just wondering here those of you who have made your home here with your partner how far away are you from the place your partner is from or grew up .

Same Barangay. 

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, stevewool said:

Just wondering here those of you who have made your home here with your partner how far away are you from the place your partner is from or grew up .

We're about a 30-40 minute car journey. 

Possum
Posted
Posted

Same city

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

As for regrets I've just spent one week in Thailand and I might regret having done it. One week without videoke, not a single cockerel, fantastic food, wifi, cleanliness and very cheap, I'm regretting not checking this country out first.

I had spent a year in Thailand traveled most of the country, learned the language pretty good and it was BY FAR my first choice.   But fell in love here, and the rest is history

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, stevewool said:

Same town.  Every so often, following family drama, the wife says we should move to another island.

• Haha 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 2/29/2024 at 3:18 PM, stevewool said:

Maybe where you once called home is not to far behind the country you live in now , pride has long gone in many places the world is changing , but what may be shit for one could be just right for others 

On 2/24/2024 at 6:49 PM, scott h said:

my home country being in a complete state of unrecognizable chaos, which I have no desire to participate in

FB_IMG_1709712277122.jpg

• Love it 1
  • Haha 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I think everyone’s old home or place of birth  is unrecognisable now from when they left 

• Like 4

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
On 3/4/2024 at 10:05 PM, stevewool said:

You could always rent your place out and live in Thailand, let me know I may be interested in renting your place come next year 

If it wasn't for the language barrier and the fact I'd get three times as much money renting it daily I might have taken you up on the offer. 

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
On 3/5/2024 at 5:38 PM, craftbeerlover said:

I had spent a year in Thailand traveled most of the country, learned the language pretty good and it was BY FAR my first choice.   But fell in love here, and the rest is history

I think the ideal solution is to take a partner from the Philippines to live with you in Thailand. The added bonus of being even further from family. 

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 3/5/2024 at 11:27 AM, hk blues said:

Isn't that a contradiction? :whistling:

Sadly as anyone that lives in the Philippines knows the minute you step outside your area you are hit with reality. 

Even my partner commented that within minutes of landing back in the Philippines we saw our first cockerel and numerous scabby dogs. Just landing on Boracay we passed two videoke sessions and multiple shops blaring out loud music. We had zero of that in Thailand . 

Edited by Snowy79
  • Like 1