Regrets

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Yeah... we just had power outage for 12 hours or more on Sunday morning. When the power goes out, the water also stops. I'm glad we have a 100 gallon tank on the roof! So now I am finally thinking to go out and buy s small Honda generator to cope with these times - maybe once a month or so. It won't help with the water, but I am always concerned about the food in the refer and freezer. It would also be nice if it were strong enough to power the air/con in our bedroom...

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Wow Spain is sounding better and better as I go through reading this thread or is it , may have to join expats in Spain and listen to there exploits 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, stevewool said:

Wow Spain is sounding better and better as I go through reading this thread or is it ,

I hear you Steve BUT remember, things ain't what they were Pre Brexit :tiphat:

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

I hear you Steve BUT remember, things ain't what they were Pre Brexit :tiphat:

You are right Jack , looking very hard into both places and maybe give both places a go , out of all the replies in this thread my only thinking is that renting a place is the best way to go , don’t like it then I can upsticks to the next adventure 

• Like 4
  • Love it 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Wales looks nice at this moment 6A848B73-01C1-49BD-B19D-30F38F24FDC8.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, stevewool said:

Wow Spain is sounding better and better as I go through reading this thread or is it , may have to join expats in Spain and listen to there exploits 

Also consider Portugal.  During our most recent visit, the Portuguese seem to be more friendly than Spaniards and their prices are lower.

• Like 2
  • Love it 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, stevewool said:

You are right Jack , looking very hard into both places and maybe give both places a go , out of all the replies in this thread my only thinking is that renting a place is the best way to go , don’t like it then I can upsticks to the next adventure 

I guess it depends on how nomadic a life you want to live but the problem with having flexibility is that it may encourage folk to give up when problems crop up - those of us who have ties are more likely to tolerate a bit more inconvenience.  Of course, it would depend on just how big the inconvenience was. 

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
On 2/24/2024 at 12:32 PM, craftbeerlover said:

Nope not bored at all, I keep myself quite busy, and have traveled to many many many parts of the country as well.   As Scott H mentioned much of is in the inefficiency, but more than that, it is the reasons for the inefficiencies.   Piss poor education, corruption at absolutely  every level everywhere, garbage everywhere (even in the so called nice tourist spots (I went to El Nido and could not believe that was (at least at one time) considered a paradise.   You could not swim in the water or eat the fish because all of the hotels etc... dumped the sewage directly into the water.  A complete lack of pride ("Filipino Pride") was nothing more than a slogan and was heard about when Manny was fighting or a 12 year old girl was discovered on youtube singing.   A wealthy class that abhors the rest of their fellow citizens, people in power doing anything and everything to stay in power...  no wonder it is inefficient.  Will catch another breath and press on

Maybe where you once called home is not to far behind the country you live in now , pride has long gone in many places the world is changing , but what may be shit for one could be just right for others 

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

You know the Local Filipino is thinking the same, My daughter for instance just can't wait get out of Dodge :laugh:

• Like 1