Canvas - Ayala Terraces Cebu

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I know I'm blunt bad that is my thoughts, take it or leave it!

I accept you opinion. Of course mine differs, but rather than go through you post and discuss the finer points I will just accept that we disagree and let you know that I appreciate your taking the time to show why you feel the way you do. Thank you for a very well written response.

We could go on about it all day on the points we disagree on but the other forum members would get bored. So now people can see different points of view on the Canvas restaurant and one thing we seem to both agree on is that people should try it at least once to form their own opinions.

• Like 2

Adventurer
Posted
Posted (edited)

OK dave, that is good to hear and you can accept my thoughts and Im sorry if I was a bit harsh. I also accept everyone is different with different backgrounds and tastes for food. I'm also highly critical if I find a place that does not serve food as it should but here in the Philippines I have learned to just put up with most things but if I was going to a proper restaurant then expect what I pay for and I can honestly say I Canvas lived up to those high expectations every time, about 3 times I think I went there.

Anyway, I have had a little look online and it does seem Canvas do get pretty good reviews like here overall: http://www.tripadvis...bu_Visayas.html

Also Dave, I would suggest you email or call the restaurant and have a talk to them and let them know your thoughts, maybe they can improve so that the menu is clearer on what you get etc...

Edited by Adventurer
  • Like 2

CebuAndy
Posted
Posted

:omg: :11_12_14[1]: :grouphugg:

Strong ego's and too much male hormons in the morning doesn't impress any readers.

Accept others opinions, rather than this bickering (we're not 5th graders, are we?) :bash:

We all have different taste in food, music, cloth, cars, lifetime partner.

Still we should be able to keep it friendly here on the forum. :th_thanx:

And I highly recommend to meet up with other forum members, they are great people.

• Like 4

CebuAndy
Posted
Posted

we now have 1 I love da place and 1 screw this I ain't never going back ......

:hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

...... I can't stop :hystery: :hystery: :crack-up: :hystery: :hystery: of this post. Where is the 5 x Likes button?

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

Mike please go so & settle this once and for all. :)

now as for 800 pesos or whatever, I was thinking about this today and I know that is a lot more than what you would pay on average here but what is average I'm asking myself and what is 800 pesos? Yes we can go to a local bbq and spend 150 pesos per person for chicken, rice & plastic gloves or Greenwich would give you a meal for two for probably 500 pesos....800+ pesos is around what maybe $20 AU/US roughly. I know if I was to spend $10 per head in Aussie you would be only getting fast food for that in the lcoal mall. If I was to go to a highly rated restaurant in the city it would be more like $30 - $50 per head. which could be as much as $100 or maybe 5,000 pesos roughly and that is not included drinks which could easily double that. So for 800 to get first class food, dining, service, imported foods etc (and I know some would argue it is first class) but when you consider all this then maybe 800 + pesos is not a lot to spend occasionally on shouting the wife/girlfriend out! Are we so used to getting everything so cheap here that when we spend 800 pesos and it's not to our tastes we get very annoyed?

The good thing about dining out is you have choices, you should really research higher priced restaurants before you go there and decide if the meals and prices they offer suit you and your budget. Most restaurants will have a contact email, websites or phone number to make enquires about the menu and food served. You are never forced to eat once you sit down and look at the menu. if it does not seem to your likes then walk out. If you are not prepared to spend a little and experiment then go for safe bets, the ones that always serve the same thing at budget prices like Pizza hutt, Mcdonalds or whatever.... Personally I will always tell the manager if there was a big problem for me so they learn. If they don;t care which is the case most often then that is their loss. Places like Canvas take great pride in their food and service so if you had told them you were unhappy and why etc I'm sure they would have refunded your money or come to some agreement. Places that have this outlook and service are to be respected as they are rare unfortunately in the Philippines.

mikejwoodnz
Posted
Posted

Hey - I'm also Mike and just happened to have dined at Canvas yesterday - here's part of what I wrote "elsewhere" :

We had a good lunch at "Canvas" on The Terraces today food excellent - service + for attempt but more direction required from the Kano owner who was in the Restaurant but oblivious to the fact that he was missing 30-50% of up sales and further selling opportunities - how hard is to get a refresh drink order or offer desserts ? do they even serve coffee ? Later I may critique the places I have visited but I guess I would just be blowin' in the wind noevil.gif - Mike

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Later I may critique the places I have visited but I guess I would just be blowing' in the wind

I feel it would be good, to hear your REVUES, if they are Constructive in both Directions. To be critical only, would fall on Stony ground in the end. IMHO :)

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I agree Jack!

No place is all good or all bad - or they wouldn't be in business long enough to serve you for your first time... Or the lines would be so long we would never get in the doors! And often the complaints are that the food is prepared in a different way than the reviewer expected - think perogies... Boiled or fried? Every review should try to include the good and the bad.

On a side note, I read an online review of a restaurant recently where the woman reviewer destroyed the place. Silly girl posted her picture beside her review. When I saw her in one of my favourite restaurants recently, I watched her expressions as she ate and how much and how quickly she ate. She was raving to the staff on how good the food and service was and then destroyed this restaurant in her reviews as well. She doesn't get paid for these reviews (though she would be able to claim the meals on her taxes as a business expense) so I couldn't see why she was ripping the places that she enjoyed until a friend explained it to me... Bad news sells - in other words, she was getting known BECAUSE of her bad reviews. She didn't care if she was hurting these restaurants to get to where she wanted to be. So, no! I don't put much faith in someone else's reviews until I can try the place myself.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted
Hey - I'm also Mike and just happened to have dined at Canvas yesterday - here's part of what I wrote "elsewhere" :

Damn .... just my luck .... before I got an contributions up pops another Mike and steals my thunder ...... :mocking: ...... curses ..... :hystery:

• Like 2