Canvas - Ayala Terraces Cebu

tiger31
Posted
Posted

well I went to ayala on sunday all intent on going to canvas to try it out but never made it as I saw a picture of brians ribs with french fries on the window of case verde and as ma name is brian and the ribs looked lovely I thought sod i,m going in .well i,m so glad I did as they were the best dam ribs ive ever tasted and at 208 pesos was well worth it .after reading cockroach report on canvas i,m gad I did,nt go in lol .

• Like 2

Dr. Cockroach
Posted
Posted

Mike B,

St. Miguel is next :) I do Coronas when I am in doubt besides, they the only ones that don't give me a headache. Mind you, I am not a drinker at all. 2 beers is my limit.

Bob,

That's something I believe in too. I have to try it no matter. Different folks, different strokes :)

Tiger,

Casa Verde is next! Hey, I am still a tourist after all?

• Like 3

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted
Tiger, Casa Verde is next! Hey, I am still a tourist after all?
Myrlita & I went to Casa Verde back in May when we went to visit Lee & Nila. I had the chicken fingers and fries. They were beyond excellent. I had almost forgotten what real western food tastes like. You will definitely like it there.
  • Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

tiger .... you can't beat Casa Verde ..... it is my favorite restaurant in all of Cebu ..... well that I can afford that is ..... :mocking: ..... I was gonna try canvas but as no one wanted to pitch in and help support my culinary expertize in doing a restaurant report I'll have to pass .... my asawa would pitch a hissy fit if we had to spend over p1000 for the two of us on a meal ...... I would never hear the end of it ..... :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

See that. Because this thread was kept alive by a negative review a few people tried Canvas that might otherwise not have done so, and I found out about Casa Verde which I will try on my next visit. Its a great forum.

• Like 2

Dr. Cockroach
Posted
Posted

Casa Verde is next! I am still resorting to Micky Dee ... and chicken it is since I am one too :)

Not that I mind eating anything but when on travel, one should take it safe!

• Like 2

Dr. Cockroach
Posted
Posted

My take on Casa Verde...

I went there this afternoon wearing green to blend in :) I sat inside far left by the mall to where a waiter led me. Their menu wasn't that extensive indicating their limitations. Which was fine. The setup was like a grill bar (TGIF style).

I ordered the good old St. Miguel, cheese sticks for appetizer and chicken (Don't forget i am one) mushroom fajitas.

The sticks came first. I said, where is the beer? It should have come first since it needs no cooking but hey. So, the waiter scrambled and brought me one with a beer glass full of ice!? It was a first! So, I dumped the ice cubes in the cheese tray and started drinking it.

There were only 3 sticks on top of lettuce so, there was room for it.

Being thirsty and a fast drinker, I finished it and kept waiting on the fajitas. Seeing that nobody has bothered, I signaled one of the waiters to bring me another and she did. Minutes later, my fajitas showed up with ton of melted cheese on it.

The bill was 458 Pesos. Not bad if you ask me.

The food was done clumsily but luckily, they couldn't mess up the beer :) Not that I am a drinker or would know the difference!

Too many waiters but service wasn't good. You don't get served by one so you get a disconnect.

In short ... I'm still looking for my restaurant. Might try Gerry's grill next door, next time!

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

You're chicken? I thought you were a cockroach - and a doctor to boot! hehe! Couldn't resist!

Seriously, if you ever have the chance, give the place a try again sometime at night or on a weekend. A different shift may make the difference. I have one pizza place I won't go near during the day (skimpy toppings and greasy as can be) but at night it is one of the best in town!

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
A different shift may make the difference
Possible, but that is the kind of (lack of) service I have come to expect in most restaurants here.

Thank you for the review Dr Cockroach. Just as a tip for you and the others here. This is something I have tried many times and it works in most restaurants the majority of the time. If you are ordering at the same time as other people, be sure you are the last one to have your order taken. You will be the first to be served. My best guess is that they do not 'rotate' the orders taken to the kitchen but just clip them up on top of the previous one so that the last order taken will be the first order made.

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

If you're doing the mall tour I would try Spice Fusion at SM, only ate there once but food was very good.

• Like 2