Motivations

JonandAnnie
Posted
Posted

Thank you Steve,

I know Annie is in for a shock as she has never even seen her breath before.  Believe me, I will be well prepared with jackets, boots, gloves, lotions and the right kind of shampoo.  Also, a really warm set of pjs and a thick comforter.  Any other suggestions?  I thought she would not be here until spring but the visa has progressed ahead of schedule.  I am working on relocating to Fl where I have family asap.  Hopefully before her two daughters start school in the fall of 2014. Thanks for your thoughtful input!

Jake
Posted
Posted

Thank you Steve,

I know Annie is in for a shock as she has never even seen her breath before.  Believe me, I will be well prepared with jackets, boots, gloves, lotions and the right kind of shampoo.  Also, a really warm set of pjs and a thick comforter.  Any other suggestions?  I thought she would not be here until spring but the visa has progressed ahead of schedule.  I am working on relocating to Fl where I have family asap.  Hopefully before her two daughters start school in the fall of 2014. Thanks for your thoughtful input!

Hello Jon,

You will soon find out (if not already) that I have been described as the forum jokester who comes out at the

most inopportune time with silly and corny jokes or not so funny anecdotes.  This post will be no exception.  

I can remember bringing my young wife Judy (age 19) up to Mt Palomar Observatory during the winter 1984.

She was ecstatic and started to play like a little girl in fresh snowfall.  I later demonstrated how yellow snow

was made which was a kill joy because she yelled out that P word.  

To this day, after 28 years of marriage, that P word still resonate throughout my home....to be followed by

go to your doghouse!  

Best of luck to you sir and welcome to the forum, respectfully -- Jake

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Thank you Steve,

You will be there to keep her warm.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Thank you Steve,

My girls are always telling me how excited they would be to see the snow, yet when I turn the A/C on, they are complaining right away about how cold it is!   :)

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Thank you Steve,

My wife loved the winter here in Toronto. Things like seeing her breath, rosy cheeks, laying down to make snow angels, snowballs, sliding on ice, ski hills, snow piles, etc. She insisted that we go walk outside everyday. To get away from that constant heat was nice. Also, no flies nor mosquitoes, nor ants! She was impressed on how organized it is here.

Forget the pjs...use body heat.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
I know Annie is in for a shock as she has never even seen her breath before. Believe me, I will be well prepared with jackets, boots, gloves, lotions and the right kind of shampoo. Also, a really warm set of pjs and a thick comforter. Any other suggestions?
Yes, think of this if needed. A Swede told this about his thai wife:

She came to Sweden in winter and complained how cold it was, although she had got warm clothes.

-You become warmer if you close your jacket.

-Realy??!!

:hystery:

• Like 1

JonandAnnie
Posted
Posted

You Guys are too funny!  Thanks for all of the input.

Cheers

• 1 month later...
bows00
Posted
Posted

Whew!  What a fun thread this was!  Read it all... and the drama!  And I had some time to think about this topic and here is my take on it...

I want to key in on the word "motivation"...  and when we are talking about our partners, well.. who really knows for sure?  You may have a really good idea, but you will never be a 100% sure - be it money, security ... maybe even YOU??  You might know the majority of her intentions based on trust and communication but I doubt it will ever be 100% of the time.  And that is true, where ever you decide to plant your roots, whether it be the Philippines or the US...So isn't it a waste of time concerning ourselves with what her true motives are?

The only thing in our control is our own motivations - and if the intentions are good, then what more can we really do?  If it stems from "love" - which is really a proactive verb, or action - and you choose to respect her, listen to her, make her happy, support her, always put her first, be faithful... what more can you really do?  If she decides to fool around with another... isn't it just her lost? 

• Like 4

Jeff R
Posted
Posted

As a new member here all I can say is WOW!!! What a thread! Thank you JonandAnnie. I couldn't have said it better myself. I Am Bob, I have always enjoyed your posts and respected all your opinions and information. Finally, I would like to thank Jake for banning (don't even want to say his name). This forum rocks because all of the members rock. Thank you.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

This forum rocks because all of the members rock.

This Statement, is motivation in it'self my Friend. One of many reasons, that makes me stick around the Forum. I said right at the start of this Topic, it would go on for a long time. Each and everyday, there will be another motivation, to be and stay here, 

For me just now,

Watching the Little lady I took on at 8. (7 years old) grow into, a Proper little Madam (She is coming up to 15 now) helping her to understand the +'s and -'s of life. She is doing well at School and for me, Motivation comes from hearing  that she has come 2nd again, in World events Getting A+'s in English :dance:  Can it be, that we Westerners, can have, an influence somewhere (Even small, as it is)  Now I call this Motivation. Sentimental? YEP! Proud to say, I will live the rest of my days,  being Motivated by my Little family and not by sad events, of a world I left behind.

:tiphat:

• Like 5