Motivations

Classic Dry
Posted
Posted
As soon as possible, try to go beyond the tourist level and live on the local economy. Make new friends both male and female. A basic smile and thank you is all that is needed. Hell, I found a simple tricycle driver in my area that can be trusted to be my errand boy and neighborhood watcher.

My thoughts ferzackerly Jake. I'm looking forward to making friends with both males and females, and with a wide variety of types of people.

This is the quality of life I'm looking for !

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
ekimswish
Posted
Posted

I like you, Jode. Your writing comes from a good and honest place. I think one of the reasons so many young guys like myself are often repulsed by the sight of a young beauty with an older guy is because of the hormones raging away in our systems, and lack of life experience as well. We know how dirty we think, so find it hard to accept huge age gaps in the relationships of locals and foreigners. I, for one, have become a lot more open minded to the idea after hanging out with all you guys on this here forum. But I know how others still feel, and ultimately do get the same shock myself, momentarily albeit, when I see old guys with young girls. I've always reasoned it out as an exchange of body for better life. Reading what you've wrote is a helluva lot more noble and satisfying than the way I typically look at it.

While there still are those dirty old sex-pats out there (young ones, too), stories like yours definitely help me to hold off on judging people I don't know, especially when seeing them at Robinsons, a place occupied by all ends of the spectrum.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

:lol: Two weeks today at this time, I will start my Journey Home, My MOTIVATION? to see the sunset with my Family and to see the Sun rise again Tomorrow :) The end of an Era? No not really. it will be the Start, of a chosen way of life. Time to start and live by my Signature. :thumbsup:

Sentimental maybe

Emotional, Oh yes!

Happy, Definitely

jack P. :tiphat:

I missed these pictures before Jack. and they are really nice! I love taking sunrise / sunset photos and never tire of looking at them. Good luck and safe travels, tomorrow?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
rocheg
Posted
Posted

Come on Jode I'm dying to read the rest

Mike S
Posted
Posted

rocheg ....... Jode is no longer with us ..... he has found a group more to his liking ...... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

phildiver
Posted
Posted (edited)

I think the original theme of this topic was regarding Filipina Motivations. I being a little contemptuous in general basically said that the motivation of a Filipina is Security, ergo your money and not your shriveled up.......or brilliant, loving personality. Likeability will come in time for most but if you think you can develop a romantic relationship on some date site with a filipina and then go over and have her fall in love with you is a pipe dream. Its your perceived wealth and MONEY. You on the other hand can easily fall love with her as she represents to you something not found back in your own Country. Sweetness, sexiness, innocence, etc....But don't think it represents anything else but your money first.

Presently I am in the States with my wife and daughter and she runs into a fair number of Filipinas and 100% of the time regardless of whether they are single or married the conversation with my wife goes as follows from the get go:

1. What does your husband do

2. Do you rent or own. My wife then tells them we are on vacation (and usually rent a place) and generally come to the States every year for a couple of months . So then they say 100% of the time. Oh, your husband must be very rich to come for so long and the airfare, rental expense, etc..

I'm sorry but this type of start to a conversation would never occur with an American or European woman especially one who is educated. Eventually a conversation might get into what type of profession I might be in but frankly it is not about the money or trying to determine if we have money or not.

This reinforces the terrible insecurity that Filipinas suffer from (no matter where they live) and due to their ignorance and insecurity are so focused on MONEY, MONEY, MONEY.

Future Expat Gentleman get this through your skulls. It is your money they want. However, the irony in all this is regardless of whether you have any will not be shown until later in the courtship and by then they have already got you and will live with the results for good or bad as it is going to be better than enything they have right now. You could be a fat digusting pig and they will stay with you in the onset. Still all in all it is all good

Edited by phildiver

MikeB
Posted
Posted
This reinforces the terrible insecurity that Filipinas suffer from (no matter where they live) and due to their ignorance and insecurity are so focused on MONEY, MONEY, MONEY.

And "Western" females are not lol? I've usually heard it stated exactly opposite from your theory. But I tend to disregard sweeping generalizations about any group, be they Filipinas, expats, or contemptuous individuals. As Mark Twain famously said, "All generalizations are false, including this one".

• Like 4

Mike S
Posted
Posted

phildiver ....... sorry but I just have to ask this question ..... with all your advise on how and why a foreigner should not marry a Filipina why did you marry one .... or maybe perhaps you found the only one that was not after your money where as the rest of us are just not as lucky as you ..... I for one really envy you ..... my asawa is really only after my money that's why she has access to ALL our finances and has for 3-4 years ..... and guess what she is still here ..... so why doesn't she just take all the money and run back to the slim .... good looking .... sex machine .... that so many young guys can offer ..... hummmmmm .... I wonder ..... but I suppose she is having sex on the side and using my money to finance her escapades ...... geeeeee ... guess I'm just a dumb ol' stinky drunk fat guy who only has a wife because I'm rich ..... yea right ...... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 4