Motivations

jode
Posted
Posted (edited)

....continued For me the motivation was 90% or more the filipinas. A small part was about getting away from the worst of winter. Also a small part was the physical and mental challenge of it. I knew that would do me good. Starting a life in the Philippines would force me to stay more active than I had to be in USA.

Many guys claim other motivations, lower cost of living for instance. That is very debatable. There are a great many things that surprise you with their low cost, but generally if you find signifigant cost saving it will come at signifigantly less in quality of life. The rent will be less but the quality of the place will be less. The food will cost less, but it won't be as good. Tickets less but less going on to buy tickets for. Taxis less but snarled in traffic more and therefore longer trips. You set up a modest and inexpensive lifestyle but helping her family out makes total outlays the same. ect. Labor costs for anything are certainly much less. You can pay others to do any work you need done and really get lazy. You also feel being off financially when you have more than most of the natives around you..

General relief from stress many say as their motivation to be here. Then you find that their are so many aspects of life here, that are so at variance, to the common sense way you are used to expecting the world, that it is only the dull overheated state you are in, or the drunken state many stay in, that keeps you from blowing a gasket daily. Its true putting distance between you and past problems and stressors can work for awhile, but its hard to avoid finding many others to replace them here.

There are the guys who dream of laying on the beach. Then find out many go to the beaches after dark here because it is just too hot during the day. Beach quality is often disappointing. Personally I think Florida, California certainly Australia, and even the state i am from Wisconsin, have better beaches, (but haven't been to borocay).

The weather many say, but find out the heat, like it always has for westerners in the tropics, the heat wears on you after awhile, and you start remembering fondly the cool breezes of home. Maybe the tropic heat is preferable to the worst of winter but few can adjust completely to it ansd avoid heavy use of AC.

Getting away from the f--cked up country you come from is enough reason for many. Especially those steady followers of Fox News or some who have gotten into legal trouble. Then you find out after being here for awhile why people, especially immigrants, think the USA is the best country in the world. Compared to the Philippines the problems and irritations of the country you came from seem small.

That still leaves those beautiful, tanned, petite women as a reason to consider retirenment here. Where else can an old ugly and steadily declining man, find such beautiful women to be with. Most of us at about 40 or so, give up the idea of ever being with a women, at the peak of her beauty again. A woman that you can look at in endless fascination at how she moves, at the sound of her voice and its cute murdering of your language. At the shine of her hair and the glow of her skin, not to mention the more intimate delights. Why would such a prize want to be with you? .. to be continued

Edited by jode

Classic Dry
Posted
Posted

COME ON, JODE ! Where are you mate ! The suspence is killing me. Stop whatever you're doing and carry on, OK ! !

Higg-num
Posted
Posted

Getting away from the f--cked up country you come from is enough reason for many. Especially those steady followers of Fox News or some who have gotten into legal trouble. Then you find out after being here for awhile why people, especially immigrants, think the USA is the best country in the world. I do not understand your meaning Sir ? Forgive me, I do not have TV or radio...my choice.

Compared to the Philippines the problems and irritations of the country you came from seem small. The U.S.A. is the greatest country in the world, to many freedoms to list....though I have yet to experience the P.I. Only here can a person be born with no connections, education or money and still " Make it ".

That still leaves those beautiful, tanned, petite women as a reason to consider retirenment here. Where else can an old ugly and steadily declining man, find such beautiful women to be with. Most of us at about 40 or so, give up the idea of ever being with a women, at the peak of her beauty again.

Once more you will forgive me, I do not understand. I'm looking at 43 & there are tons of wonderful, educated, moral and in shape women here in the U.S. Example; I can not go hiking, hot yoga or to the gym ( MMA ) or grocery store for that matter without meeting the opposite sex who fits these descriptions. I am certainly " Typical " in the looks and situation department.

Is it not unfair if a male does not take care of themselves and expects someone who does to form some type of connection ?

Hey classic dry, At the very least Jode does respond. I'm still waiting on Kano Joe to respond to his observations in the thread " 5 minutes with Joe , bob....". I curious as to how he discerns between who are liars and who are truthful.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Higg-num there is an exception to every rule. :)

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I was reminded Yesterday Evening, by my Sister-in law of my Mother-in laws plight during the Occupation by Japan. she was born way up north in Negros oriental. she like many young girls was a Home help. After Pearl Harbour, the start of the invasion came. an American Missionary (Paul R. Lindholm, Fled manila with his family of 3 children and wife and settled in the Hills of Northern Negro Oriental. When the Japanese got to Negros they decided to head south, many stories of course came out of such happenings but this one is personal Dulia ( my MIL was working as a helper and at the age of 17 was adult enough to say yes to the invitation to go with them, Understanding the possible consequences she still went. The book "SHADOWS FROM THE RISING SUN" tells of the journey that took many many months, with it's events and Tragedies, I don't think any of us here could begin to imagine this, I heard the Stories of course but when I read the book it brought home many things, Good Life safe life, in fact Life itself. She met her Husband during the journey and they married in Dumaguete after the war. My reason for posting this is the Moral and the Moral here, SURVIVAL she survived the hard and dangerous journey learning how to live and eat from nature itself

She brought up 9 children (5 boys and 4 Girls) One of which I married. she often tells me, Every day is a new day and I am happy to be here still. This is the true Filipino. Today of course things are so different Those that have nothing want something. Like most Foreigners, those that have something, Want more. I guess that there are a lot more of Older generation people out there, that have the same sort of Story to tell. In my mother-in Laws life Survival, was her Motivation. maybe this is instilled in today's Young girls. different way of getting it but Survival is their Motivation, Would we, be any different, if our back was against the Wall. To this day she has never left Negros just happy for each day and lives to a standard, of Simplicity

Her Motivation, SURVIVAL! we Foriegners can move about all we want to a degree, the Filipino, they just want to Surive. whether it is here the US or anywhere. maybe we should rue the day they invented the computer.

Jack P. :tiphat:

Jack is this the book? I want to read it.

shadowcover-l.jpg

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I was reminded Yesterday Evening, by my Sister-in law of my Mother-in laws plight during the Occupation by Japan. she was born way up north in Negros oriental. she like many young girls was a Home help. After Pearl Harbour, the start of the invasion came. an American Missionary (Paul R. Lindholm, Fled manila with his family of 3 children and wife and settled in the Hills of Northern Negro Oriental. When the Japanese got to Negros they decided to head south, many stories of course came out of such happenings but this one is personal Dulia ( my MIL was working as a helper and at the age of 17 was adult enough to say yes to the invitation to go with them, Understanding the possible consequences she still went. The book "SHADOWS FROM THE RISING SUN" tells of the journey that took many many months, with it's events and Tragedies, I don't think any of us here could begin to imagine this, I heard the Stories of course but when I read the book it brought home many things, Good Life safe life, in fact Life itself. She met her Husband during the journey and they married in Dumaguete after the war. My reason for posting this is the Moral and the Moral here, SURVIVAL she survived the hard and dangerous journey learning how to live and eat from nature itself

She brought up 9 children (5 boys and 4 Girls) One of which I married. she often tells me, Every day is a new day and I am happy to be here still. This is the true Filipino. Today of course things are so different Those that have nothing want something. Like most Foreigners, those that have something, Want more. I guess that there are a lot more of Older generation people out there, that have the same sort of Story to tell. In my mother-in Laws life Survival, was her Motivation. maybe this is instilled in today's Young girls. different way of getting it but Survival is their Motivation, Would we, be any different, if our back was against the Wall. To this day she has never left Negros just happy for each day and lives to a standard, of Simplicity

Her Motivation, SURVIVAL! we Foreigners can move about all we want to a degree, the Filipino, they just want to Survive. whether it is here the US or anywhere. maybe we should rue the day they invented the computer.

shadowcover-l.jpg

Old No. This is the book about My Mother-in-Laws Epic journey Hope you can get a Copy. :)

post-2148-0-34830200-1339440213.jpg

• Like 1

Classic Dry
Posted
Posted

Higg-num, without getting into a discussion about which is the greatest country in the world, (and I know most of your fellow citizens share your view ).

Reading your post, you sound as though you have it made there.

I'm curious to know why you would want to leave it ?

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Her Motivation, SURVIVAL! we Foreigners can move about all we want to a degree, the Filipino, they just want to Survive. whether it is here the US or anywhere. maybe we should rue the day they invented the computer.

shadowcover-l.jpg

Old No. This is the book about My Mother-in-Laws Epic journey Hope you can get a Copy. :)

I looked this up on Amazon and it is becoming a collectible! There are some used copies ranging from $40 to $118.

phildiver
Posted
Posted

Jode you last post sounded just like me. As a devout Atheist I think with both feet on the ground and not with my head in the clouds with some of those so blessed on this site living in their illusion (delusion) of reality. Lets get the facts straight LOL The girls don't want your thing, they want your money! They don't want your broken ass body, they want your money! They don’t want your drinking, they want your money! Ultimately they want you dead. BUT in the process will still have your baby and will develop affection for you as is only natural with someone you spend a lot of time with only if you are nice to them. But if you think this is genuine you are ignorantly blessed. My wife has had literally hundreds of conversations over the years here with gf's and wives of Expats and the great majority (like 90%) of them are in it for the money. Many have Filipino BF on the side and others wonder what its like to really get laid. Why do they stick around. Simply because the house is put in their name as is many other assets and when their man dies they get it. Simple as that. Hey I’m a cynic what can I say.