Motivations

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

What the heck is going on here? Everyone's fighting over the simplest things lately.

Maybe the mating season

:11_12_14[1]: Group Hug needed :grouphugg: I had a few spare, so I have sent one. :thumbs-up-smile:

Sorry Jack but I have to ask, Who is "Rita?" For some reason, your back quote of me shows it. My wife's name is Myrlita. You know Filipinas. If my wife saw Rita you can bet the farm she will definitely want to know. :angry: :hystery:

Quack Quack Ooops Sorry :3_8_14[1]: Spell check sometimes, changes things and if I don't notice, it just changes it. I have give myself 100 Lines " I MUST CHECK THE SPELL CHECKER" :lol:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

What the heck is going on here? Everyone's fighting over the simplest things lately.

Maybe the mating season

:11_12_14[1]: Group Hug needed :grouphugg: I had a few spare, so I have sent one. :thumbs-up-smile:

Sorry Jack but I have to ask, Who is "Rita?" For some reason, your back quote of me shows it. My wife's name is Myrlita. You know Filipinas. If my wife saw Rita you can bet the farm she will definitely want to know. :angry: :hystery:

Quack Quack Ooops Sorry :3_8_14[1]: Spell check sometimes, changes things and if I don't notice, it just changes it. I have give myself 100 Lines " I MUST CHECK THE SPELL CHECKER" :lol:

OK Sorted now I hope

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I guess even though it is against my better judgement I will jump in here also.

I am married to a Filipina and live here in the Philippines. My wife is much younger than me and I guess I probably fit the profile that has been put forth here in regards to the white westerner that does not know anything about women and has been used and taken advantage of by a filipina that is only interested in my money. I guess it could be true but since I have been married before several times I will say that if I am being used only for my money then I sure as hell wish I would have been used like this in my prior relationships since I have never been treated with so much love, respect, and care by any woman in my life and I have had many, both as wives and just girlfriends, or partners as has become a popular term these days.

I am of the opinion that there are women of all sorts and all parts of the world that it is their wish and hopes to marry a man that can financially support them. As far as a filipina I think that while some say that it is all about the money I think that if that was true then the meaning of money to a filipina is much different than the meaning of that same word by different women of the world. If money means that she does not have to worry about having enough food to eat, clothes to wear, and the comforts of having a place to live that has a private toilet that can actually be flushed then I guess it is true that a Filipina's primary reason for marriage and or a relationship is money. I wonder if there is actually any women anywhere in the world that does not have these same requirements and desires of the person they choose to marry or be a lifetime partner to.

Like many others on this forum and others, I am very happy with my Filpina wife our relationship is of both physical and mental love. I hope I do not need to get into to much detail but I think most foreigners that have a Filipina wife will say that by no means is there any lack of physical satisfaction by either of us. I am old and wise enough to know that if my wife was to have a boyfriend on the side I would certainly know about it. I find that this would be almost impossible as my wife and I spend almost every minute of every day together. I think that most of us old fat foreigners can say pretty much the same thing. At least the ones I know and the ones that I have met or got to know through this and other forums.

I also find it a bit odd that somebody that has a partner that has already been married to one foreigner would say that 90% of the Filipina's are only interested in a foreigner for his money but at the same time try to imply that he and his partner are the exception to the rule and they are part of the elite 10%.

I will end by just saying that as a old, fat, foreigner that is married to a young Filipina that might only be interested and married to me because of money then many of man should be so lucky as I am.

Well said! :)

In my previous post, I said that a large age gap may open an older guy up to encountering more scammers during the dating process, but I certainly agree that there are many sincere and loving Filipinas of all ages out there. As you said, after a couple is together, married or otherwise' "boyfriend on the side" could only happen if the couple is not close at all, and I really doubt that some of the statistics mentioned are valid.

• Like 4

sjp52
Posted
Posted

Common admit it, Your just one of those dam Canadian know it alls. :hystery:

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Well sorry folks but I ain't gonna let this one go ..... OK I do live here and I want to tell you that Bob is a very good contributor to this regardless on how you feel about people not living here he as contributed a great deal and will continue to contribute ...... now as to only people that live here have the right to make statements here ..... some people better consider some of their past surveys which I find to be almost completely bogus ...... now I haven't been coming here for 30 years but I have lived here for 5 and have been reading and participating on forums about the Philippines sense 1995 in many different capacities ...... if someone don't like the way someone is posting and doesn't think that person has anything to contribute than by all means use your ignore button to ignore the posters you don't like ...... that's what I do .... got 5-6 on there right now .... works wonders and it keeps crap off the board ...... and as some one said I too have heard more crap from the mouths of so-called ex-pats and folks with boots on the ground than I have ever heard from folks that don't live here full time ..... :angry: :cheersty:

Thank you Mike.

I think its time to put a fork in this train wreck.

• Like 5

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Yes your right. But you will get weak and strong answers to your questions from all kinds of people on all forums. An example, one time i asked for a cheap place to stay in Manila and one person answered with hotels that were $150 us a night. We just take every answer with a grain of salt and decide which answer is best for our question

This is true as what is cheap for one may not be for the other. That is why asking for a cheap hotel is not the best way to ask a question. If the question was, looking for a good quality hotel in the range of $50 to $80 a night then an answer maybe more in what you are looking for. All forums have a range of members with different backgrounds and financial situations so most will answer on what they believe as to their own life style. The wealthy think in higher prices, the poor think in lower, me; well I just think if I got a free space in a squatter house then I'm doing well. :thumbsup:

• Like 4

sjp52
Posted
Posted
Yes your right. But you will get weak and strong answers to your questions from all kinds of people on all forums. An example, one time i asked for a cheap place to stay in Manila and one person answered with hotels that were $150 us a night. We just take every answer with a grain of salt and decide which answer is best for our question

This is true as what is cheap for one may not be for the other. That is why asking for a cheap hotel is not the best way to ask a question. If the question was, looking for a good quality hotel in the range of $50 to $80 a night then an answer maybe more in what you are looking for. All forums have a range of members with different backgrounds and financial situations so most will answer on what they believe as to their own life style. The wealthy think in higher prices, the poor think in lower, me; well I just think if I got a free space in a squatter house then I'm doing well. :thumbsup:

I sure wish I was the guy who thought $150 a night is cheap in the Philippines. If I had his money I could throw mine away

• Like 5