Motivations

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
Actually I am an extreme anomaly to the norm. I made the kind of post on the date site Cherry B that all but eliminated gold diggers and the generally poor provincial girls from the equation in my search for a gf. I got one response. She is now my partner. As it turns out she had already been married to a Foreigner. When we hooked up it was not for my money as she has her own. I guess she liked me for me and also I was under 50 at the time. Another thing is I have been coming here for 30 years and know what to look and look out for. Don't take this as snobbery. Just who I am.

Here, here! Sounds like what I did! Too many guys set themselves up for the scammers! You can find really wonderful women on the dating sites if you look beyond the pictures and think with the big head, not the little one!

• Like 2

phildiver
Posted
Posted (edited)

I think this is all quite fun. Happiness seems to be an important goal especialy for those of us now retired. I would just advise when going into a relationship here to just use some common sense. Your probably not Adonis or the greatest thing since sliced milk. Just get naked and stand in front of a mirror and say to yourself, would this body make an 18 - 30 year old Filipina hot LOL Kidding Really it is all about common sense. There is going to be a trade off in a relationship here as anywhere so each can get what they want without shame or guilt. The girls gets security and you get laid and taken care of for the rest of your life. Again, I know some really happy guys that are not settled down and more or less sleep with young beautiful girls that need tuition money and they are very happy with that arrangement. No commitments no headaches. To each their own. Just do your Due Diligence and don't be stupid about it. Use your big head and not your little one.

Edited by phildiver
  • Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I had to re-read this whole thread to see where the direction was coming from. Honestly I thought Jode's original post was well thought out and honest, about motivations for coming to Phils, with nothing derogatory towards Filipina's, so I am not sure where we got diverted down that road.

Regarding that road, let's face it, anywhere in the world, if a 60 year old man is pursuing an 18 year old woman, the motivations on both sides can be vastly different than if he is pursuing someone closer to his age. Any 60 year old who thinks an 18 year old is going to fall head over heels in love with him because he is cute and witty needs to pull his head out of the sand! If you want to go that route, fine, there are wonderful 18 year Filipinas who will devote their lives to you, but accept the reality of the situation. Please, no offense intended to anyone here. Here is one theory: The wider the age spread, the more exposed you are to encountering scammers!

I preferred to do what Phildiver did: Post a profile on a dating website that will scare away most scammers! This worked for me and I found a truly wonderful human being to be my partner in life! The internet is a powerful tool for finding someone special, but you need to use it wisely!

I have learned a lot from my girlfriend about Filipina motivations for finding a foreigner, but I will save that for another thread.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I think this is all quite fun. Happiness seems to be an important goal especialy for those of us now retired. I would just advise when going into a relationship here to just use some common sense. Your probably not Adonis or the greatest thing since sliced milk. Just get naked and stand in front of a mirror and say to yourself, would this body make an 18 - 30 year old Filipina hot LOL Kidding Really it is all about common sense. There is going to be a trade off in a relationship here as anywhere so each canget what they want without shame or guilt. The girls gets security and you get laid and taken care of for the rest of your life. Again, I know some really happy guys that are not settled down and more or less sleep with young beautiful girls that need tuition money and they are very happy with that arrangement. No commitments no headaches. To each their own. Just do your Due Diligence and don't be stupid about it. Use your big head and not your little one.

Ha ha, good timing, echoing my thoughts exactly!

Actually, I am working on the Adonis part: lost 10 lbs this last month! :hystery:

I need to hook up with you sometime as diving and UW photography is one the things I want to pursue as soon as I get over there.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Before anybody thinks that I believe everything is always rosy and cheery in a person's search for love, I do agree that we have to think with our brains rather than another part of our anatomy as well! Yes, there are scammers and users out there waiting to separate us from our money or even just looking for security rather than love. Taking the time to get to know one another - the same you would anywhere in this world - is what we need to do. If we go to a dating site, we better understand that this is where many scammers will lurk. But there are more places to meet than just a dating site. How did you meet someone (respectable) in your home country? As for age? I agree that many extremely young (compared to our much older age) is often a recipe for disaster but not always... I have more issues dating women closer to my age - but that is just me... One of my best friends is married to a woman almost twice his age and they have a fantastic marriage along with 3 great kids!

So what am I trying to say? Simply this... Not every woman and not every man is the same as the one beside them... Take your time in all things - looking, dating, getting to know each other - and look at both sides of the relationship. If it's good, great! If not, well, that's up to you... Just don't blame my girlfriend or anyone else if you didn't look close enough.

• Like 5

phildiver
Posted
Posted (edited)

I AM BOB I am curious as to your relationship status. Do you have a long distance relationship with a Filipina in the Philippines, with a Filipina in Canada or Single. I am always curious about people that make comments on sites but don't actually live in the cultures they comment about. Honestly to truly understand the dynamic of dating and motivations of Women in this Country (sincere or otherwise) you would have to be here a while and have experienced the ol Baptism by Fire. So where actually do you live in Canada or the Philippines. Not trying to put you on the spot but you make lots of comments on this board and just wondering where your experience is coming from.

Edited by phildiver