Favorite Filipino Food?

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Today is my daughters 9th birthday and my wife has been preparing now for two days cooking all kinds of Philippine dishes.  We'll have about 50 guests.  And my wife said it would be perfact if you could have Magnolia Ice Cream to top it off!

JJ there is a private message for you!

• Like 2

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

While I truly enjoy some of the native dishes - pancit in its many forms (sotanghon, lomi, mami, bihon, canton), bbq, lumpia, tapa, tocino, lechon, sisig, sinigang,  I think I am partial to the Filipino Spanish dishes that use Chorizo Bilbao - callos, morcon, galantina, relleno,  Those, along with Filipino jamon spell NOCHE BUENA!

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Those, along with Filipino jamon spell NOCHE BUENA!

And for some as Buena Dias as it was this morning.  :thumbsup:

JP :tiphat:

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

One of my favorite breakfasts here is Chorizo de Cebu, 3 sunny side up eggs and Shanghai rice. When I was in Danao in Cebu, my girls family had a source for the chorizo at roughly half price, 140P a kilo. My girl did look at me funny when I requested the same breakfast 3 days in a row but hey! It's cheap and I like it. Back on Negros now, the cost of the Chorizo de Cebu is almost double and the quality is not as good in what I have tried so far. If you find something good, wear it out because it may not always be available. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Like most things Robert Chorizo can be good and bad, pricey or not, many places hidden away up side streets here in Dumaguete do damn good ones but like most things they are kept SECRET! :thumbsup:

JP :tiphat:

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

JJ there is a private message for you!

I never received the PM.

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

I don't know what happened to it.  I sent it again through Personal Messanger here.  Hopefully it came through this time.

deevey
Posted
Posted (edited)

When you mentioned Chorizo it reminded me that I almost forgot about Longaniza and Tocino for breakfast - theres always a few packs of Pampangas best in the shopping trolley (it really is the best off-the-shelf brand). 

Embutido and Everlasting (Meatloafs) are another two local dishes that I really like.  

Edited by deevey
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Ok, you guys made me so hungry that I'm heading out to get something to eat! I just can't decide what!!!

:D

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

What is the name of the orange coloured sticky rice with bits in it that I have just eaten? I could eat it all day!