Is the Philippines a Dangerous Place?

virginprune
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, FortuneFavorsTheBold said:

Thank you for serving virginprune, it is greatly appreciated. Combat veterans don't get the respect that they deserve.

Isn't that a fact! The people who send out young men and women to do their fighting for them always seem to spout gratitude but their actions, or rather lack of, show that it is all empty rhetoric.

• Like 4

virginprune
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, robert k said:

I said the same in the "New President" thread. I was told it isn't that easy to move. Maybe they don't really believe they are in danger, maybe some people are just more decisive than others?:89: 

I wonder how many would go back to their home countries for treatment if they had an expensive life threatening illness? Many would tell you they would be gone like a shot if they were physically capable of travelling.

I'm sure many would and that is their perogative. Personally speaking, I would use the health providers here and if that didn't work out well, so be it.

I have always lived by the adage "if your number's on the ticket"

• Like 4

FortuneFavorsTheBold
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, virginprune said:

Isn't that a fact! The people who send out young men and women to do their fighting for them always seem to spout gratitude but their actions, or rather lack of, show that it is all empty rhetoric.

Yes, don't get me started on Benghazi ;-)

robert k
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, virginprune said:

I'm sure many would and that is their perogative. Personally speaking, I would use the health providers here and if that didn't work out well, so be it.

I have always lived by the adage "if your number's on the ticket"

Me too, if it can't be done in Manila, might as well save the plane fare for my heirs. Same with expensive "end of life treatments" that keep you alive, possibly miserably for another year for $300k USD or more. I'd rather the money put kids through college and I don't mean the doctors kids.

• Like 3

Larry45
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Sander Martin said:

Im not a divorced 60ish guy.. Not even close to it ?. I dont think its overly dangerous, but im excited on leaving. Not because i feel unsafe, but because i found out quite quickly that Philippines isn't for me. A few posts after that one you said the same. Why in hell are you still here, if you dont like the people and the country????

I've posted several times that I'm on the way out.  I would prefer to stay, if the country was headed in a different direction.  It really makes me sad to see otherwise intelligent expats completely disregarding the dangers here, and perpetuating that delusional nonsense to other potential newcomers.  How anyone can positively spin the news lately is beyond me.  Communists are now allowed to kill anyone they deem as a drug addict?  I really cannot converse with a forum that doesn't see the extreme danger in that.  Good luck to you all...   

• Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic