Is the Philippines a Dangerous Place?

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

4. If you have poor health and move to the Philippines and live in the province areas you will find the treatment for a condition will likely be sub par and can cost you-very dangerous 

• Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted

From Tom Reid (JGF, Boss Man) owner of this great forum:

Let's get something straight here. For a start nothing is controversial in this topic as far as I can see. Nothing is hidden from newbies, every reply here is someone's opinion or experience but I'm getting sick of it. The reason the members are thinking troll in is it appears that you are pushing for arguments, your IP puts you in Manila so you obviously have Philippines experience and obviously know your way around forums for a first time poster. So what is your objective for this topic? 

To FortuneFavorstheBold,

If you're bold enough, please answer the question.  

• Like 3

chris49
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Jake said:

Let's get something straight here. For a start nothing is controversial in this topic as far as I can see. Nothing is hidden from newbies, every reply here is someone's opinion or experience but I'm getting sick of it. The reason the members are thinking troll in is it appears that you are pushing for arguments, your IP puts you in Manila so you obviously have Philippines experience and obviously know your way around forums for a first time poster. So what is your objective for this topic? 

To FortuneFavorstheBold,

Does it matter? The discussion here has been good, above board. Quite a bit of useful information.

• Like 2

FortuneFavorsTheBold
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Jake said:

To FortuneFavorstheBold,

Bold enough? The objective is to be helpful to others, especially newbies, and I see helpful comments like Larry45's below, as well as the exact opposite opinions.

Larry45 said:

One of the funniest posts I ever read in any forum was an expat telling the story a few years ago about how one of his neighbors got shot and bled out on his front lawn.  He related several other violent incidences and extortions in his neighborhood, yet concluded the post by stating "but that can happen anywhere...I've never felt safer than I do here."  No that doesn't happen anywhere, and that's the nonsensical delusion to which I'm referring.   Sweet, young, nubile Filipinas tend to have that effect on us, you know.   I like to think I'm a voice of reason, and I wish I had someone telling me the reality of the Philippines instead of the typical rose-colored types blowing smoke up my ass. (not directed at anyone here, that was long ago)   

FortuneFavorsTheBold
Posted
Posted
On 6/26/2016 at 8:59 AM, Larry45 said:

Sorry guys, but I just cannot understand how anyone would think it's safer in the Philippines than the US.   Nearly every expat I know here has been a victim of crime at some point, whereas very few of my friends in the US are ever affected.  That's anecdotal, but the crime rate comparison speaks for itself, even if you don't consider the gross under reporting here in the Phils.  Seems like many expats here are having the times of their lives, drinking the koolaid, floating on a cloud, and living in a delusional world.  Kind of like Disneyland for adults.....a whole lot of fun, but rarely based in reality.  :smile:

PS: school shooting are horrible, but they are not statistically significant.  A kid has a much greater chance being struck by lightning.

http://www.psychlawjournal.com/2012/12/school-shootings-what-are-odds.html          

Larry45  Good point Larry45. Crime is unreported and under reported here for many reasons, fear of retribution, corrupt extorting cops, embarrassment, politics, tourism, etc., etc., etc.

FortuneFavorsTheBold
Posted
Posted
On 6/28/2016 at 0:02 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

It was dangerous for my friend Henk.  Married a filipina 12 years ago (or so), had a son, bought property, she found someone else and ran away.  She came back recently and wanted money.  He did not give her enough, it seems, as he was recently killed by 2 men on a motorcycle.  Story here

http://biliranisland.com/blogs/2016/06/27/dutch-national-shot-dead-in-biliran/

Sorry to hear about your friend. She probably used his money to hire the guys on the motorcycle.

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

Why stay here if you think this place is so dangerous and you might get robbed or murdered any minute?

• Like 5

virginprune
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Sander Martin said:

Why stay here if you think this place is so dangerous and you might get robbed or murdered any minute?

I concur, if I felt like that I wouldn't be here.

• Like 2

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic