While on the subject of food in the Philippines.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, RBM said:

Perhaps try senoritas for Mexican

I do know more than a few expats who live here and swear its great but every one of them mentions it is pricey.  As my budget demands that price be taken into account, I'll not be trying it any time soon.  I honestly don't find Coco's to be that bad or that slow.  For me it was a one time gripe, but who knows what the future will bring.

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Is it half full or half empty :hystery:

Let me check

Reboot
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, RBM said:

Amazes me how popular are the food threads, wonder if one on night time activities would compete. 

Food and sex. Popular subjects. 

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Reboot said:

Let me check

So damn. It's more than half gone.

While on the subject of rum. I think rum is highly underrated compared to fine whiskys and other distilled spirits. I have a discriminating taste in rum, if I may. I recently tried some exported Tanduay. Dark aged stuff. It was ?????? superb. Really it stacks up with some of the best producers. 

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
Just now, Reboot said:

So damn. It's more than half gone.

While on the subject of rum. I think rum is highly underrated compared to fine whiskys and other distilled spirits. I have a discriminating taste in rum, if I may. I recently tried some exported Tanduay. Dark aged stuff. It was ?????? superb. Really it stacks up with some of the best producers. 

I personally prefer Cruzan Dark from the Virgin Islands. The Cruzan light is furniture polish remover.

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, robert k said:

I personally prefer Cruzan Dark from the Virgin Islands. The Cruzan light is furniture polish remover.

Cruzan dark is great for being cheap rum. What do you think I am drinking right now? I like value.

But I have yet to find  something to beat what the Venezuelans make. Diplomatico. Pampero. Holy shit.

Even cheaper 'zuelan brands like Santa Teresa can be enjoyed without shame.

I've driven steep mountain roads in Venezuela that would make a sober man's sphincter pucker...unless he was on Santa Teresa and soda water...and it was done drunk as ?????? in a really shitty Russian SUV. Had to cut a new carburetor gasket with a pocket knife not long past the foot hills of that trip. There was a knocking sound part of the way up. A woman in our vehicle said it was angels beating warning us of danger ahead. As it turns out that chassis was garbage. But I had the breakage welded at a little town on the way. Got to the beach. ;-)

If I am rambling, sorry. At least I haven't talked about the travelling back on that little trip.

Edited by Reboot

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

The well aged Tanduay is quite tasty. I don't find it packs quite the punch of Bacardi and its a bit too sweet.  But I surely enjoy it.

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

The well aged Tanduay is quite tasty. I don't find it packs quite the punch of Bacardi and its a bit too sweet.  But I surely enjoy it.

I like Bacardi.

As a way of torturing people I hate.

It's said that when Satan wants to keep the fires of hell burning hotter, he pours some Bacardi on the flagging embers.

Seriously Bacardi is shit, and I say this as the son of Cubans. Cuban rum sucks. Even exile Cuban rum like Bacardi.

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Reboot said:

Seriously Bacardi is shit, and I say this as the son of Cubans. Cuban rum sucks. Even exile Cuban rum like Bacardi.

:89: Hmmmmmmmm My Grandfather had more reasons than many to Dislike the Germans but admitted they make a Damn good car

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: Hmmmmmmmm My Grandfather had more reasons than many to Dislike the Germans but admitted they make a Damn good car

At least you can enjoy cheap Tanduay.

A few weeks ago I picked up a bottle at this one particular place that carries everything. Seriously the selection is boggling. The bottle was just shy of $20.

"asian rum"

Chuckle.

Well they were a Spanish colony once so maybe they know what they are doing...So I had some.

Edited by Reboot