While on the subject of food in the Philippines.

Reboot
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gratefuled said:

Never heard of it and I don't have a problem with BM. :cornflakes:

That's the Filipino name...at least in Bisayan. It's also called cassava and where I'm from yuca. It's like a potato, but has more fiber in it.

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, robert k said:

I found the price at Coco Amigos to be mostly reasonable but I only ate there 3 times and had a few drinks with friends twice.

Where is this place? Coco Amigos

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Reboot said:

That's the Filipino name...at least in Bisayan. It's also called cassava and where I'm from yuca. It's like a potato, but has more fiber in it.

Ok, I'm familiar with casava.  thanks. I don't like it. Too starchy

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

This is a Dumaguete restaurant on the boulevard.  It has a love it or hate it reputation among foreigners.

Robert mentioned how he never waits more than half hour for food in Dumaguete.  There are many places that will get the food to you within half an hour but I don't like to limit myself.  Lantaw took 45 minutes to serve us 2 weeks ago but I decided it was just because they are busy and I had time to wait.  Mia's consistently takes over an hour to serve food and uses the motto that good food takes time to prepare.  Fortunately its more of a pub atmosphere so one drinks while waiting.  I'm sure there are others.  I complained about Coco's because it is actually unusual for them to take more than 20 minutes to get the food to me.  I eat there about once every 2 weeks or so and drop in for a drink or an ice cream every week.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

Dumaguete Negros Oriental.

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, robert k said:

Dumaguete Negros Oriental

Ok, just curious. I heard there was a good Mexican restaurant in Angles City but I would not go there either.

The one at Mall of Asia was not good at all. I would go to one in Cebu if ever I return there.

I can do without but thanks

• Like 2

roddavis
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

Ok, just curious. I heard there was a good Mexican restaurant in Angles City but I would not go there either.

The one at Mall of Asia was not good at all. I would go to one in Cebu if ever I return there.

Gratefuled, you mentioned there is a mexican restaurant in Cebu city? I asked about this a couple months back but didn't get an answer.    Thanks!

+

Reboot
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

You're from SoCal. You're jaded bro.

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, roddavis said:

Gratefuled, you mentioned there is a mexican restaurant in Cebu city? I asked about this a couple months back but didn't get an answer.    Thanks!

No, what I meant to say was , if there was one in Cebu, I would go there only if I ever go there again. 

Sorry to mislead you but I faintly recall someone mentioning one in Cebu. Not sure.

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Reboot said:

You're from SoCal. You're jaded bro.

I suppose so.

One gets tired of imitations.

"Nothing like the real thing, baby."

( words from a song or a commercial ) COKE, maybe.

Edited by Gratefuled
addition
  • Like 1