While on the subject of food in the Philippines.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:89: But what a bout the Bread?  pan de sal.jpg  :hystery:

Jack :whistling:

Arternoon all, power back so think on this for a while :smile:  posting.jpg :thumbsup:

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)

So if we're on the subject of food. What's pan de sal like? Good? Looks good to me.

Edited by Reboot

robert k
Posted
Posted
Just now, Reboot said:

So if we're on the subject of food. What's pan de sal like? Good?

Sometimes yes and sometimes no.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Reboot said:

So if we're on the subject of food. What's pan de sal like? Good? Looks good to me.

Not sweet as it has salt in it. "Bread of Salt" is the Translation. Good warm in the Mornings and with Cheddar (If you can get any) at Snax Time, ( We can get through about 10+ pieces a day here.)

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, roddavis said:

Gratefuled, you mentioned there is a mexican restaurant in Cebu city? I asked about this a couple months back but didn't get an answer.    Thanks!

+

https://www.zomato.com/cebu/tequi-la-la-restaurant-and-bar-mabolo

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Not sweet as it has salt in it. "Bread of Salt" is the Translation. Good warm in the Mornings and with Cheddar (If you can get any) at Snax Time, ( We can get through about 10+ pieces a day here.)

Salt bread is a more accurate translation to English methinks. Looks tasty. I imagine it would make some great sandwiches with leftover lechon, a sharp cheese, red onions, avocado, a bit of olive oil, and some tomatoes. Oh hell throw some mayonnaise and mustard on it too while we are at it.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

posting.jpg

Love it.  There are actually some things I don't post either.  Maybe its the juicy gossip we do not post that people really want to hear.  Mwah ha ha!

RBM
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

OK.  On the subject of food in the Philippines.  Yvonne and I had a few things to do today and at 6PM we dropped by Coco Amigos on the boulevard to get supper.  We had the absurd thought that we could get a quick meal and get on with our shopping before things closed.

On the bright side, the food was PIPING hot when it arrived.  The bad news is that it showed up at 7:30 PM.  You would think that the place is geared up for tourists on a Friday night but it seems a table of 20 Chinese tourists arrived a while before us and the cook would not even start our meal until he made each of theirs . . one . . . . at . . . .a . . . . . . . time.

So an hour and a half later he finally got to ours and it was quite enjoyable.  Yes, we did question the proper people about why our food was taking so long and we did get 4 complimentary slices of French Bread with butter.  Better than average for this country.

Even without the Chinese suspect it would take an hour plus. We stopped visiting there for this reason, nice food but one needs a very large book.....

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Reboot said:

Salt bread is a more accurate translation to English methinks. Looks tasty. I imagine it would make some great sandwiches with leftover lechon, a sharp cheese, red onions, avocado, a bit of olive oil, and some tomatoes. Oh hell throw some mayonnaise and mustard on it too while we are at it.

Most of the Pandesal I have had was smaller than a slider bun or a what we in the US call a biscuit.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Reboot said:

Salt bread is a more accurate translation to English methinks. Looks tasty.

We call it salt bread but  Pandesal with butter  

Pandesal is a type of Filipino bread that’s slightly sweet and baked as small, oval loaves. The name comes from the Spanish pan de sal, which means ‘bread of salt.’

Not that it matters that much but...........................:tiphat:

• Like 2