Brexit turmoil

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, hk blues said:

We're not going to agree on this, are we?  Which is why the country is divided, pretty much 50/50.  We won't get the chance to see which was the bigger liar so let's see what happens when we leave.

Best post in the thread! :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

DavidK
Posted
Posted
On 3/12/2019 at 2:05 PM, Gary D said:

All the rabid Brexiters I know are just frightened of brown people. Being a remainer I now just want us to crash out without a deal so once the pips start to squeak I can say told you so.

Hmm, just read this. I'm a "Rabid Brexiteer" and yet I'm married to a "Brown person" and have been to two others. I think your statement is arrogant, unkind and maybe says more about you than it does anyone else.

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:grouphugg: Come on guys, I for one would not like to see this topic go sour Are we looking at it from the angle of not what we say but the way that we say it. :smile:

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, hk blues said:

To be fair, if elected politicians vote leave but only once we get a deal then that's democracy.  We elect them to run the country and it's up to them to do so as they see fit - we can then decide at the next election if they did a good job or not.  That's democracy.  

The majority voted to LEAVE. 29th March 2019 was the date fixed by our elected politicians. That's 'Democracy' 

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, jimeve said:

That's 'Democracy' 

Yes Jim to us but it seems they, have a different interpretation on that Word :whistling:

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jimeve said:

The majority voted to LEAVE. 29th March 2019 was the date fixed by our elected politicians. That's 'Democracy' 

No, that's the result of a referendum - it's not the same thing in a political sense but I'm splitting hairs I admit.

What I meant was that democracy at play is where a government is elected by the people and it is then for that elected government to manage the country as they see fit.  That is what is happening now, our government does not believe a no-deal exit is in the interests of the country - and they are right - so they are unwilling to vote for it to go ahead now.

It's not that the government is trying to defy the will of the people - that is political suicide - rather they are not willing to exit until we get an exit deal/plan that is in the best interests of the people.  Surely that is more important then following a schedule that was not mandated by the people anyway?

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

A few sore nerves here, I said THAT I KNOW, do I know you, not from Adam. So how does that include you, although if the hat fits.

Mick
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Gary D said:

A few sore nerves here, I said THAT I KNOW, do I know you, not from Adam. So how does that include you, although if the hat fits.

You need to look at the circles you move in, as you say, if the cap fits 

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:grouphugg: Come on guys, I for one would not like to see this topic go sour Are we looking at it from the angle of not what we say but the way that we say it. :smile:

That’s the problem jack, some won’t budge from what they see.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Mick said:

You need to look at the circles you move in, as you say, if the cap fits 

His hat was tailor-made Mick

• Like 1