Brexit turmoil

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

I think we have it all wrong , i was hoping that brexit would change things

I think we shoukd be helping our hard working young people to have more children than allowing unchecked immigration 

I have three kids all have degrees the cost of child care is crippling., its about 1100.0 a month , so far only one grandchild , we sell them this idea of hard work paying off then make life so expensive they cannot afford 

The liberal loonies are loosing europe to Islam 

• Like 5

hk blues
Posted
Posted

There is a lot of emotion around the topic, and luckily those of living here are a bit remote from things.  I do worry that exiting the EU is being seen as the solution to many of our problems but it won't IMO - it may partly resolve some but others will pop up and replace them.  The spongers off our welfare system are mostly our own people so nothing much will change there.  Most of the crime is carried out by British people, not immigrants.  The number of immigrants coming to the UK has been made up of more from non-EU countries then EU countries every year since 1991 so the impact may be less than people hope.  We'll continue to pay our taxes to the fat cats, just British ones rather than European.

That said, clearly the EU experiment isn't working so we are better off out of it.  

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

So they voted down May's deal, they'll no doubt vote down 'no deal' and extend this bullshit for another couple of years. Absolute joke, people already voted to leave (no deal), you don't get divorced but then say 'oh but we didn't agree on the terms of our divorce, lets still live together and sleep together once a week.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

So they voted down May's deal, they'll no doubt vote down 'no deal' and extend this bullshit for another couple of years. Absolute joke, people already voted to leave (no deal), you don't get divorced but then say 'oh but we didn't agree on the terms of our divorce, lets still live together and sleep together once a week.

People voted to leave, yes.  No deal - never discussed but promises were made by the Leave Camp which suggest a deal would be made, and a good one at that.  As for the divorce analogy, you wouldn't divorce without agreeing the terms so it's not really at all the same thing.  

To be fair, if elected politicians vote leave but only once we get a deal then that's democracy.  We elect them to run the country and it's up to them to do so as they see fit - we can then decide at the next election if they did a good job or not.  That's democracy.  

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, hk blues said:

People voted to leave, yes.  No deal - never discussed but promises were made by the Leave Camp which suggest a deal would be made, and a good one at that.  As for the divorce analogy, you wouldn't divorce without agreeing the terms so it's not really at all the same thing.  

To be fair, if elected politicians vote leave but only once we get a deal then that's democracy.  We elect them to run the country and it's up to them to do so as they see fit - we can then decide at the next election if they did a good job or not.  That's democracy.  

More forecasts were made by remain that have already been proved wrong, pretty sure I already posted that in this thread.

That would be the case if we hadn't had a referendum but we did and we voted to leave.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

More forecasts were made by remain that have already been proved wrong, pretty sure I already posted that in this thread.

That would be the case if we hadn't had a referendum but we did and we voted to leave.

We're not going to agree on this, are we?  Which is why the country is divided, pretty much 50/50.  We won't get the chance to see which was the bigger liar so let's see what happens when we leave.

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

I think you will find that all those so called unelected bureaucrats are put in place by elected officials who can remove them at any time. Also we had every right to send any EU citizen back home after 3 months if they haven't found work but our government has never implimented it unlike most other EU members. Also any law pasted down from the EU has to be ratified by our soverign parliment before entering on the statutes. But the head leavers who are making a fortune out of this aren't going to tell you this are they as it's not in their interests.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I find it strange that when a country has voted to leave the EU the politicians within those countries always drag things out then ask for a revote until they get the decision the politicians want. 

They never push for a revote when they get elected or when voting in pay rises for themselves. 

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Sterling up over 2%. Lawmakers will vote again Thursday.

As an American citizen I have nothing to say in all this other than whatever takes place I hope it's best for UK. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Sterling up over 2%. Lawmakers will vote again Thursday.

As an American citizen I have nothing to say in all this other than whatever takes place I hope it's best for UK. 

I have nothing to say either, I have gave up hope, they have worn me down.