Brexit turmoil

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, John Chamberlain said:

I have never know weather my vote to leave was the right way to go but when you see the EU with so many countries who's economy is either bust or nearly bust, why would you want to stay? There only seems to be Germany who has a strong economy & even they are suffering, I still think to get out is the way forward but I wish the politicians would get on with it, everyone is fed up.

Spoken like a true BLUE. :hystery:

It would seem like the reason for the delay, is to give the Billionaires time to set up else where!

Like in the game of cards, we have been trumped! :tiphat:

Latest:

For UK residents tonight Channel Four 8pm GMT Dispatches "Those who got rich over Brexit"

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Yes industry will be flooding back to the UK when the hourly rate is down to £0.50 an hour and 72 hour weeks.

• Haha 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Old55 said:

Steve if you give up your vote you have allowed elected officials become your rulers. 

If elected representatives refuse to follow the will of the people they have become rulers.

I agree with your sentiment but I don't know if failing to deliver Brexit can/should be viewed as refusing to carry out the will of the people.  I would argue that delivering Brexit without a deal with the EU could be called  irresponsible and not in the interests of the voters.  I take a simple approach - would people have voted Leave if they had known then what they know now?  

Anyway, I'm over it like most people - let's get it done and move forwards/backwards/sideways or wherever it takes us. 

• Like 4

Gary D
Posted
Posted

All the rabid Brexiters I know are just frightened of brown people. Being a remainer I now just want us to crash out without a deal so once the pips start to squeak I can say told you so.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, hk blues said:

I would argue that delivering Brexit without a deal with the EU could be called  irresponsible and not in the interests of the voters.  I take a simple approach - would people have voted Leave if they had known then what they know now?  

In my opinion NO they wouldn't,  but I doubt you will find anyone who would admit it.

Is a NO deal the end of the world?...

17 hours ago, Gary D said:

Yes industry will be flooding back to the UK when the hourly rate is down to £0.50 an hour and 72 hour weeks.

My Boss/wife still thinks it is! :thumbsup:......coming darling

stevewool
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, hk blues said:

I take a simple approach - would people have voted Leave if they had known then what they know now? 

Yes I would vote leave , just like I did before.

• Like 4

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mick said:

Way off the mark to label those who voted to leave racist, I'm far from racist and voted to leave, to suggest otherwise shows your lack of intelligence and selfish attitude 

I agree that labelling all Brexiters as racist is way too much of a generalism, but I read it as "rabid Brexiters" being labelled as racist rather than all Brexiters?

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:shock_40_anim_gif:We can say all we want and it will not make a bit of Difference to my mind, It will be like the FA cup final, On the day results will rule :89:

• Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:shock_40_anim_gif:We can say all we want and it will not make a bit of Difference to my mind, It will be like the FA cup final, On the day results will rule :89:

Cup finals sometimes got to replays Jack...and it looks like Brexit may!

• Haha 2