:89: Can they get any muddier?   :whistling: :wink:

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: Can they get any muddier?   :whistling: :wink:

Fair point - but if 2/2 agree than I'd stick with that rather than risk a 2/3!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Fair point - but if 2/2 agree than I'd stick with that rather than risk a 2/3!

My point hk, is the story now, has many twists and turns I would be very surprised if the original Diagnosis is really that Valid. Best Start the whole thing over I say:tiphat: get the actuals together and work from there, I would if it was my wife as over the years, Our Ladies I find, are reluctant to tell the Doctor the whole story and in many cases neglect to tell the Doc ALL, I have to prompt her [my wife] when we see the Doctor and I go because I know my wife :smile: 

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

My point hk, is the story now, has many twists and turns I would be very surprised if the original Diagnosis is really that Valid. Best Start the whole thing over I say:tiphat: get the actuals together and work from there, I would if it was my wife as over the years, Our Ladies I find, are reluctant to tell the Doctor the whole story and in many cases neglect to tell the Doc ALL, I have to prompt her [my wife] when we see the Doctor and I go because I know my wife :smile: 

Understand your point Jack.

I'll admit my original scepticism about the OP has diminished somewhat based on the succeeding posts but is the wool being pulled over his eyes by other "interested parties" would be my question.  Even the simplest things here can become complex as we know.

• Like 2

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

As she lives in the hinterlands, finding three qualified doctors may be problematic. 

Heck, I went to a pulmonologist here in Davao. She has a thriving practice and also works in the adjoining hospital. She used only her stethoscope (through my shirt) and with no other tests, diagnosed me and prescribed me an inhaler whose main ingredient is contraindicated by my blood pressure medicine. This is not the U.S. (or UK, Australia, etc.) Doctors here are used to making pronouncements because they're the doctors and therefore more "important" and smarter than the patients. There is very little participation by patients in their own healthcare.  

My point being qualified first opinions are hard to come by, how much more so seconds or thirds?

In my opinion, it's also important that bigmac instruct his wife to not tell the second opinion doctor the name of her primary doctor if possible. They are loathe to contradict a colleague (make an enemy).

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, hk blues said:

but is the wool being pulled over his eyes by other "interested parties" would be my question. 

My suspicions run High on that, someone if this is so,  they have chosen just about the most unprovable issue by Blood tests alone and the age thing bothers me for that Diagnosis. Peaceful John has a Daughter who is a Doctor in the States and my Daughter is a Med Student here at Cebu Doctors, John's daughter told us through john a Lot, My TM on asking, just said When did this man last see his wife? That I feel, will tell us more, I am sure we can all hope we are wrong But.......................:89:

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little
  • Like 3
  • Love it 1

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)

This whole situation stinks to high heaven ... IMHO .  

If anything was draining my bank account at that rate, I'd be on a damned plane tomorrow, to get it sorted once and for all.

Edited by graham59
  • Thanks 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, graham59 said:

This whole situation stinks to high heaven ... IMHO .  

If anything was draining my bank account at that rate, I'd be on a damned plane tomorrow, to get it sorted once and for all.

I think we all agree on that - it's just the matter of where the stink is coming from 

• Thanks 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I think we all agree on that - it's just the matter of where the stink is coming from 

Hate to bring up that filthy word..SCAM..but we all know it happens. I can smell something wrong all the way here in Cavite province. And it stinks pretty bad.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Bigmac I think you've had all the advice and support that we can provide from the evidence laid in front of us.  Whatever the outcome it would be a bonus if you informed those on the forum of the conclusion so others have a point of reference.

If as you've said her Mother accompanied her and the diagnosis is correct then the health professionals are screwing you and your wife over, as no way should the vitamins, iron etc be dished out the way it appears and certainly not at the prices quoted.

The only other option may hurt but there's no shame in it as plenty of others have been scammed by wives is your Wife and her Mother are in cahoots. It may be pressure from the family but it's not unheard of for younger Filipinos to marry older guys then empty their accounts before moving their real local boyfriend in.

I've been in bars talking to bar girls when their fiances have called and listened to them saying how much they miss them and can they " Borrow" money for credit on their phone. An hour later they're off out the door with a customer.

Put your mind at rest.  If she can't take a photo of the receipts on her phone and send them to you or is delaying I think you'll know the answer.

I hope I'm wrong as I'm sure you feel helpless at the other side of the World but you must get to the bottom of it. Ask for the name of the doctor, hospital and where she gets the items and explain you have got a friend that is willing to get involved as you feel the medical profession are screwing you both over.

• Like 2
  • Love it 2

• Jollygoodfellow changed the title to Very sick wife, no it was a scam
  • Jollygoodfellow locked this topic