Maid to order? We have a dilemma!

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, nor cal mike said:

Under your logic thieves are honest until an opportunity to steal arises?

Most locks on a domestic setting are designed to keep honest people from getting too tempted. My logic is not flawless but it has a lot of truth in it. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, nor cal mike said:

Under your logic thieves are honest until an opportunity to steal arises?

Sorry but I have to laugh as I write this Laugh icon.jpg Who here in the dead of Night and no one around to see would Not pick up that inviting large denomination  Bank note ( 100 dollar Bill) laying on the Floor, How many would take it to the Police Station and say look what I found? :hystery: Yeah! come on, we are realists aren't we? and so are Opportunists. :whistling: If things are put away safe and sound we have done our best :unsure:

• Like 2

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Due Diligence before you hire not after is my Thought Mike, each to our own But........................:tiphat: For a start off, how many of us here ask for a Police and/or Barangay Clearance as a requirement?

I agree Jack, not always that easy. As you alluded to earlier some are reluctant to give bad info for fear of negative reactions in their neighborhoods. Even some former employers don’t want controversy.

I’m a firm believer in due diligence and I believe that under certain circumstances use of a honey pot is due diligence.

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Sorry but I have to laugh as I write this Laugh icon.jpg Who here in the dead of Night and no one around to see would Not pick up that inviting large denomination  Bank note ( 100 dollar Bill) laying on the Floor, How many would take it to the Police Station and say look what I found? :hystery: Yeah! come on, we are realists aren't we? and so are Opportunists. :whistling: If things are put away safe and sound we have done our best :unsure:

It doesn’t have to be taken to the police station, it only has to be turned over to the rightful owner. You may laugh, but I am one among us who would do the right thing. I did not pose the question to start controversy, but simply to get your thinking on why a honey pot is stooping low, although I have enjoyed reading the different points of view. Thanks Jack for the interesting discussion. 

Mike

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, nor cal mike said:

I believe that under certain circumstances use of a honey pot is due diligence.

You will see that the majority of those that will say it is not good will be those from the UK where entrapment is illegal, Under PACE ( Police and Criminal Evidence act) you would find a Lawsuit put on you if you did this in the UK, as I said Each to our own but it will never happen in my/our house, because we have now found a way to engage Staff that are as safe/clean and knowing what we are about well before they start work for us. Really I have no more to say on this Topic as I think all maywell get my Drift here.

23 minutes ago, nor cal mike said:

Even some former employers don’t want controversy.

If you are Paying the Dues that are legally required to, you can tell from the Employment records how many jobs they have had and then you get the chance to say OH! so why so many in a short time :wink: BTW we never employ anyone from the Barangay for many reasons

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, nor cal mike said:

it only has to be turned over to the rightful owner.

:shock_40_anim_gif:Dead of Night No one around, who is the owner,? What, put a note on the Sorry Sorry store bars There would be 3/4 of the Area claiming it :89:

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Most locks on a domestic setting are designed to keep honest people from getting too tempted. My logic is not flawless but it has a lot of truth in it. 

I could be wrong on this, but I think locks are designed to keep bad people from being bad. 

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

You will see that the majority of those that will say it is not good will be those from the UK where entrapment is illegal, Under PACE ( Police and Criminal Evidence act) you would find a Lawsuit put on you if you did this in the UK, as I said Each to our own but it will never happen in my/our house, because we have now found a way to engage Staff that are as safe/clean and knowing what we are about well before they start work for us. Really I have no more to say on this Topic as I think all maywell get my Drift here.

If you are Paying the Dues that are legally required to, you can tell from the Employment records how many jobs they have had and then you get the chance to say OH! so why so many in a short time :wink: BTW we never employ anyone from the Barangay for many reasons

Are you sure about the entrapment charge Jack? I am under the impression that entrapment can only be committed by a government official. 

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, nor cal mike said:

I could be wrong on this, but I think locks are designed to keep bad people from being bad. 

Yes you are correct  I was talking about years ago sorry for the confusion.I went to sleep and woke 30 years later,in that quote before.

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, sonjack2847 said:

Yes you are correct  I was talking about years ago sorry for the confusion.I went to sleep and woke 30 years later,in that quote before.

Well I think we’re putting this one to sleep.

I have enjoyed reading yours and others opinions and am not surprised by the variety of opinions. I think Jack is right in saying “to each his own.”  We are all in different parts of the country and local customs vary greatly. I am very fortunate in that I have not had the difficulties others have had. My wife and I have successfully operated our farm year around for 10 years and we employ 3 full time employees and 2 part time. They have been with us for a number of years and we feel extremely fortunate to have them. So I guess I shouldn’t even be interested in this topic as I have never had the need to use covert means to check on anyone.

thanks for sharing your opinion.

Mike

• Like 4