Old55
Posted
Posted

Beautiful area.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Congratulations Steve. Looks like you are already off to a great start.

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

What a busy day I have had, first of all the exercise routine and I am getting use to this and it does feel good and hopefully it’s doing something good for me, then it was DIY.

You know the jobs you have been putting of and saving for the day you can remember to do them, well it was moving shelves and making new shelves too , so out comes my battery operated screw/ drill driver and yes both batteries are flat, that’s a good start I thought, anyway after a 30 minute charge I was away,.

A few hours later it’s all done and even had time to sort out some cloths for the box to send to the Philippines as Emma has told me, somehow  I don’t see them getting there but it makes her happy.

Hopefully a day out tomorrow , but there is the Kitchen to decorate , no rush for that in my mind , I’m retired I have all the time in the world.

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

• 4 weeks later...
stevewool
Posted
Posted

Well it’s been just over 4 weeks or as I would say a month since driving through the gates and it’s gone by so quick and how do I feel , well cock a doodle do I feel good.

There has been no time to sit and think have I made the right choice and joking aside I asked Emma have we done the right thing and as quick as a flash the answer was yes we have made the right choice.

Its been a busy time and we have been on holiday for a few weeks in that time plus doing a little diy and getting out walking too plus doing my keep fit each day.

There has been nothing that has popped up that I had not thought about ,but I still have things that I need to do and I am in the process of sorting those out.

Finance has still got to be sorted as we still have holidays to take this year and we are trying to sort out a budget that we may need for our weekly / monthly living rather then just pay as we go sort of thing, but I have always been frugal so it may not have to change much just make sure that Emma has as funds in her account for her things.

There is just one thing that I am trying to sort out but I cannot make contact with the person, it’s about my week / month in hand pay, it’s not gone in the bank, now I am going back years now , was it a week I worked with no pay or was it a month , there was changers all those years ago but I just cannot remember what it was, plus the cheque I received was the amount I think I am missing included in that amount, it will be sorted out this coming week.

So all in all it’s going great, another holiday in a few weeks time and it’s getting closer for Emma to be away for a few months from mid June, then it may be another thing being alone , we shall see.

Thanks for reading.

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

Balisidar
Posted
Posted

So I guess the question is Steve, now that your retired when will you move to the Philippines.  Congrats on the retirement!!😀

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Had a trip down memory lane yesterday, I had to drop Emma of in the town to meet some of her friends so I thought I would pop in to the old work place to see some folk plus I needed the workshop to get somethings for the car.

In a drove and the owners car was there so that stopped me getting the freebies for my car, never mind I thought there will be another time.

Anyway in a walk and there was the smiles from the folks who was there and the daggers from those who thought I should not be there but hey it’s good to know I can still pee them off, anyway after chatting to the few I wanted to see there was lots of news they could not wait to tell me.

Come back please Steve was heard but that’s a none starter unless it was cash in my hand and it was when Emma was in France I said, but that fell on deaf ears to the owner, the next big news was the other depot manager had giving his notice in ,he leaves the end of next month, I was told he could not managed it after I left , but who knows .

I do wonder what may happen in the coming months years but it’s none of my concern, the company has got me to where I am now plus I gave the company a good 39+ years.

Looks like I am back there to shake his hand as I am on holiday so I cannot go to his leaving due .

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 4/28/2019 at 10:23 PM, stevewool said:

Thank you, retiring to the Philippines, that’s a tuft question to answer.

We are going back late November for a few months to look at the house and to see how the land lies in my thoughts about the family and there needs and my needs, I am open and would like it to work but it’s going somewhere where I have no idea how things work properly.

Living here in England all my life I have the feeling of safety and knowing what to do and where to go, other then holidays in the Philippines and going to the nice places and paying for those places too, I have not lived like a local if you get my meaning.

A this moment I can see the Philippines as a great holiday, vacation for how ever long we would like to stay there and it could be a case of so many months/ years there and so many months/ years here in England, as they say the world is our oyster so let’s enjoy it where ever we call home.

Wherever I hang my hat is my home..Like the song. It all works out in the end!

• Like 4