Why are Filipinos such bad drivers?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:whatever: It is what it is, you wanna drive here then Just grin and bear it cos we all know it will never change. :whistling: Stressing will not help, control what you can :smile:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted

Expect the unexpected, you know that someone will cut you off or overtake you when making a left turn or overtake you on the right when making a right turn, even though indicating still makes no difference.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

virginprune
Posted
Posted

I agree with many of the posts here. I learned not to get stressed while driving a cab for many years in Cambridge, cycle city ruled by lycra louts! This temperament has remained with me here while riding my motorcycle. I don't speed and have good hazard awareness which you need as everything is a hazard. I notice less road rage here than in the UK, that is good as to get involved in that sort of flare up can have serious consequences.

Be safe out there and keep your cool is the best mantra :Policeman:

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, jimeve said:

Expect the unexpected, you know that someone will cut you off or overtake you when making a left turn or overtake you on the right when making a right turn, even though indicating still makes no difference.  

Indicating is just a suggestion here. Means nothing.:4617:

• Like 3

jimeve
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Indicating is just a suggestion here. Means nothing.:4617:

Yep, seen the Pinoys scratching their heads. lol

• Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 8/24/2019 at 2:15 AM, robert k said:

I think it may have something to do with the wealth pecking order.

Yes - that's what I was alluding to

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 8/22/2019 at 11:45 AM, RBM said:

Agree, even with car when visiting Dumaguete I will never drive at night. Used to how ever far to many with no lights and either drunk or crazy pedestrianstuff.  Safer easier jump in a trike.

How is it safer if the same no lights and drunk drivers are sharing the road with a trike you are sitting in which has stuff all protection from impact? 

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

How is it safer if the same no lights and drunk drivers are sharing the road with a trike you are sitting in which has stuff all protection from impact? 

Well several reasons, not meaner safer in the physical sense more hassle wise. Trike drivers are far more accustomed to the style and peculiarity's of  night driving than I am.

Most important for me is, if an incident occurs I am in no way involved, pay my fare and take my ride. I agree in the physical sense a car is safer in the event of an accident. My position will not change, same in Cebu no night driving. Plus the old night vision is getting worse....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

There was an accident last around 9pm,this was on the highway between Robinsons mall and Valencia no lights no helmet couple dead when will they learn. Don`t bother answering as I already know.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, RBM said:

Well several reasons, not meaner safer in the physical sense more hassle wise. Trike drivers are far more accustomed to the style and peculiarity's of  night driving than I am.

Most important for me is, if an incident occurs I am in no way involved, pay my fare and take my ride. I agree in the physical sense a car is safer in the event of an accident. My position will not change, same in Cebu no night driving. Plus the old night vision is getting worse....

I was thinking of night vision. Mine isn't gone but it's not as good as it was.

• Like 1