Why are Filipinos such bad drivers?

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, robert k said:

My normal drive takes on average 45 minutes to 70 minutes to go 13 km.

Sounds like your traffic is much worse than around us.  In the actual town it is slow and crowded.   This is where the above incidents occurred.  Once you leave town you can almost always do 50+ up to whatever the rider is comfortable with.

• Hmm thinking 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Sounds like your traffic is much worse than around us.  In the actual town it is slow and crowded.   This is where the above incidents occurred.  Once you leave town you can almost always do 50+ up to whatever the rider is comfortable with.

National highway between cities. The arteries of commerce. Clogged with the fat embolism of a trike or a multicab that has no place to be.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, robert k said:

Clogged with the fat embolism of a trike or a multicab that has no place to be.

:89: Now I remember the early days of you being here Robert, when you actually needed to ride on one these and there are Millions that have that need Daily,

Said with the greatest respect But....................................:tiphat:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: Now I remember the early days of you being here Robert, when you actually needed to ride on one these and there are Millions that have that need Daily,

We had to use the trikes or easyriders too, Only had a car last two years. Been coming to Dumaguete since 2002. Noticed that the traffic was less congested then.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

Laid the bike down during emergency braking when a pedestrian stepped right in front of me.  He walking with his back to traffic and decided to cross the road without looking.

Amazing how many people I see walking across the road and only looking at the far lanes. It's as if they think there is no one else out there...

I have only crashed on my bike twice...so far. That's when I decided to buy the car.

I just now had a conversation with my Filipino neighbour... We shared grievances about the driving here. He has spent time in USA and just shakes his head when comparing the driving habits between here and there. He had his own close call last night and had to lock up his brakes for another car that was not looking, almost crashed, but saved it.... All at 20 km/hour... Good luck and be careful to us all.

robert k
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

I said trikes and multicabs that had no place to be. That wouldn't include commercial trikes and multicabs  as they obviously have some place to be.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, robert k said:

I said trikes and multicabs that had no place to be.

Every bit of Public Transport with a Licenced route has a right to be on that route ( well to my mind anyway) Take a route  to please others would result in additional costs, then who would the moaners be? :whatever: "Some of the People some of the time" springs to mind :wink:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Every bit of Public Transport with a Licenced route has a right to be on that route ( well to my mind anyway) Take a route  to please others would result in additional costs, then who would the moaners be? :whatever: "Some of the People some of the time" springs to mind :wink:

Nice quotes Jack after I made it indisputably clear that I wasn't speaking of commercial vehicles. But do please go on.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

I have only crashed on my bike twice...so far. That's when I decided to buy the car.

Promised the asawa that I would quite riding when I turned 70.  That is less than a year away now.   We also have a car but I much prefer my scooter.  Easier to get around and not much problem to find parking.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, robert k said:

after I made it indisputably clear that I wasn't speaking of commercial vehicles.

Did you :89: National highway between cities. The arteries of commerce. Clogged with the fat embolism of a trike or a multicab that has no place to be. is what you said my friend

• Sad 1