Why are Filipinos such bad drivers?

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Old55 said:

Sidewalks? Vendors and whatnot are blocking the very few sidewalks that exist. :whistling:

Yet, I get the ticket for stopping my car on a sidewalk for five minutes with me sitting in it with the car running - obstruction!

• Sad 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

I get the ticket for stopping my car on a sidewalk

you must not have had your emergency flashers on...…………..:whistling::hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
Just now, scott h said:

you must not have had your emergency flashers on...…………..:whistling::hystery:

Actually, I did!!!!:angry:

And they don't call them "emergency flashers" here... They are called "hazard lights" and I certainly understand why... Most Filipino drivers should drive with them on all the time!!! (and some of them actually do!!!!:shock_40_anim_gif:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

Most don't get any lessons lol. Most people have a relative who has a friend in the office who can sort it for them, if not just pay 3-4k pesos and done.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

Most don't get any lessons lol. Most people have a relative who has a friend in the office who can sort it for them, if not just pay 3-4k pesos and done.

You are right, I am sure. And then, when they get behind the wheel, they do what Filipinos are very good at - mimicking others that they see... So they see the bozos cutting lanes and all the rest already presented here and just copy cat that so that they are accepted as drivers and not chastised by their friends, relatives or other drivers... so it continues, ad nauseum...:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

Yet, I get the ticket for stopping my car on a sidewalk for five minutes with me sitting in it with the car running - obstruction!

You should be ashamed of yourself. Haven't you learned that sidewalks in the Phills are for vendors only?:facepalm_80_anim_gif:

• Haha 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

Actually, I did!!!!:angry:

And they don't call them "emergency flashers" here... They are called "hazard lights" and I certainly understand why... Most Filipino drivers should drive with them on all the time!!! (and some of them actually do!!!!:shock_40_anim_gif:)

Next time just wait for one of the PNP cars that are constantly patrolling the streets looking for traffic violators!:hystery::dance::stop_80_anim_gif:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

You are right, I am sure. And then, when they get behind the wheel, they do what Filipinos are very good at - mimicking others that they see... So they see the bozos cutting lanes and all the rest already presented here and just copy cat that so that they are accepted as drivers and not chastised by their friends, relatives or other drivers... so it continues, ad nauseum...:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

I feel your pain. Used to get really frustrated..my GF calmed me down when she said get used to it.:tongue:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

You should be ashamed of yourself. Haven't you learned that sidewalks in the Phills are for vendors only?:facepalm_80_anim_gif:

AK... Yes... I am so ashamed... I forgot...:bonk:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1