Building a Home in Davao

Gas
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, jimeve said:

You're got the cowboys and navy boys.

YMCA :hystery:

At least the house is debt free, so the Indian won’t be round.

• Like 2
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted

Looking awesome Tommy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

We were going to buy a small "bar" refrigerator after a while but, today, I had a brilliant idea. I will go to S & R soon and buy one and we will just place it in the library for now (my Man Cave!). I will load it up with a few bottled waters, a few San Mig Lights a few Cokes and a shorty Tanduay. L liked the idea too except the Tanduay part...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Looking awesome Tommy. 

Thanks, Jim... I enjoy the view from behind L all the time...

But what do you think of our home???:89:

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Haha 5

KC813
Posted
Posted
On 9/30/2020 at 9:02 PM, Tommy T. said:

The section with the holes is not on the island, but rather on one of the hanging cabinets next to the sink.

Facts:

1)  Someone did not remember where the unnecessary holes were located on your cabinetry.

2)  I did.

Preliminary conclusion:  I have been following this wonderful build story so closely that it has become part of my own life experience. 

Final conclusion:  I need to get out of the house and get a life!  :biggrin:

• Haha 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Oh... I forgot to mention that OTR had been out to the home a couple days ago and finally finished the cabinet repair and installation... No more pink, and the panel that had the three holes has been replaced. Amazing! We did not have to wait two months for replacement!

So I just think about how easy it would have been for them - and cost effective - if they had done it all right the first time, rather than the ....fourth time? Honestly, I have lost track...

We both hope they at least learned something from all this, because we are certain they did not make much profit.

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Oh... I forgot to mention that OTR had been out to the home a couple days ago and finally finished the cabinet repair and installation... No more pink, and the panel that had the three holes has been replaced. Amazing! We did not have to wait two months for replacement!

So I just think about how easy it would have been for them - and cost effective - if they had done it all right the first time, rather than the ....fourth time? Honestly, I have lost track...

We both hope they at least learned something from all this, because we are certain they did not make much profit.

From my experience, the thing they will have learned is that foreigners are too picky and want everything to be 100% perfect.  Of course this is unfair as we don't actually ask for perfection but do want a quality that matches the price we pay.  From what you have said, the cabinets were not cheap so you are entitled to expect a better than average finish. 

In short, it's not their fault for the numerous cock-ups, it's yours for expecting things to be of a good standard!  - not my opinion b.t.w. 

• Hmm thinking 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

My guess, from my experiences, is the only thing they learned is there are some customers who demand and expect good work and good product which they paid for.  Like most others, they will more than likely go back to the normal practices where most customers are willing to accept whatever they provide without complaining.  There are few who really learn to change and do better, are are willing to accept a loss from time to time.  Sad to say that is the way it is.:89:

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, intrepid said:

There are few who really learn to change and do better, are are willing to accept a loss from time to time.  Sad to say that is the way it is

I think you are probably and sadly right...

• Like 1