Corona Virus

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

They are made in China so I don't know if I will get them or not.

And you don't know if they are any good....or not?:89:

• Like 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

And you don't know if they are any good....or not?:89:

I saw one brit on tv ,using a full charcoal activated mask in place of the surgical masks 

If the poo hits the fan ,we can always resort to WW1 trench warfare tactics and pee on our handkerchiefs :shock_40_anim_gif:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

FYI I ordered some masks on Lazada yesterday. I'm too old to worry about it but I wanted to get some for my GF and my son. They are made in China so I don't know if I will get them or not.:89:

I also ordered a box of the N95 masks from Lazada.  The box is kind of mangled but the masks look fine.  They only took a few days to get here.   Appear to be of reasonable quality.   Apparently the 95 means they are 95% effective at keeping out particles and droplets.  We plan on using them when we go to Cebu to do my annual report.   Probably wear them on the bus and most definitely in the crowd of people at immigration.  I am still contemplating just skipping the annual report util the flu thing runs its course.  Paying the fine for delayed reporting might be the right alternative this year.

• Like 3

Gary D
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Mike J said:

I also ordered a box of the N95 masks from Lazada.  The box is kind of mangled but the masks look fine.  They only took a few days to get here.   Appear to be of reasonable quality.   Apparently the 95 means they are 95% effective at keeping out particles and droplets.  We plan on using them when we go to Cebu to do my annual report.   Probably wear them on the bus and most definitely in the crowd of people at immigration.  I am still contemplating just skipping the annual report util the flu thing runs its course.  Paying the fine for delayed reporting might be the right alternative this year.

The trouble is that whilst the Philippines government keeps it's collective heads in the sand we won't know how prevalent it is here. No flu here then the first death outside China.:89:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Gary D said:

The trouble is that whilst the Philippines government keeps it's collective heads in the sand we won't know how prevalent it is here. No flu here then the first death outside China.:89:

They seem to be trying to take action to keep it out.  I think the bigger problem would be trying to treat patients and contain it if it were to get a foothold here.  Imagine how it would spread in the crowded cities or the squatter areas.  It would seem to be impossible for government medical facilities to handle the patient load in a major breakout.  

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Mike J said:

They seem to be trying to take action to keep it out.  I think the bigger problem would be trying to treat patients and contain it if it were to get a foothold here.  Imagine how it would spread in the crowded cities or the squatter areas.  It would seem to be impossible for government medical facilities to handle the patient load in a major breakout.  

My concern would be logistics of supplies like oxygen and whatever meds might assist. The Philippines are notorious - as we all know - for everything being "out of stock."

• Like 4

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

My concern would be logistics of supplies like oxygen and whatever meds might assist. The Philippines are notorious - as we all know - for everything being "out of stock."

If you're older or and ex smokers/still smoking or have heart disease, let alone COPD or emphysema then the risk will almost certainly be higher (maybe by quite a bit depending upon the persons individual health).  And whilst the fatality rate is between 1% and 3% (depending upon whos figures you believe) that is based on the total population.

I'm being cautious (but not alarmed).

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Mike J said:

Is there a reward for reporting your delayed reporting? I'll accept whatever the fine will be.:hystery:

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Is there a reward for reporting your delayed reporting? I'll accept whatever the fine will be.:hystery:

We can split it and use the money to buy beer. :hystery:

• Haha 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

Corona... Virus... getting fixed up :hystery:

corona virus.jpg

• Haha 3

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic