Knock on effect of the virus

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Uh... Baston.... People might look a bit askance at you if you went shopping wearing a dive mask and SCUBA gear with tank strapped to the back of a BCD? You think? Also, you know it is difficult to talk around the reg piece in your mouth?:89:

No scuba gear :shock_40_anim_gif:

I was thinking of my old siebe gorman helmet and a total volume suit  like the one i wore when i had to swim up a main sewer ,complete with turds and tampons floating by :hystery:

• Sad 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, bastonjock said:

I was thinking of my old siebe gorman helmet and a total volume suit  like the one i wore when i had to swim up a main sewer ,complete with turds and tampons floating by :hystery:

Yuck!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jack D
Posted
Posted

I used to think that 'Doomsday Preppers' were crazy!... but they're the ones who are really prepared for empty shelves at the supermarkets.

"What 'Preppers' Can Teach Us About Dealing With the Coronavirus Outbreak

But there’s one group of people who need not rush to Target or Walmart to stock up: So-called “preppers,” or people who go to what many consider to be extreme lengths to prepare for emergencies. Whether they’re concerned about terrorist attacks, natural disasters or any number of other threats, preppers take comfort in having enough supplies on hand to weather a storm — or an outbreak."

https://time.com/5797950/coronavirus-preppers/

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Jack D said:

preppers take comfort in having enough supplies on hand to weather a storm — or an outbreak."

And there's more......

The British Government with taxpayers money and our national gold reseverves,  bailed out the banks during the last recession.

Now once again it looks like the shareholders of the larger Institutions are holding their hands out again!

Instead of spending billions trying to be the first to offer round trips to the moon and back, I would of thought that  a reserve fund would of been more important!

Another first for Virgin Atlantic........while smaller  Airlines Companies have recently gone bust, offering Domestic Flights at affordable prices, received no help from the UK Government.

Union backs Virgin Atlantic bosses plea for £7.5bn UK airline coronavirus bailout

Edited by Kuya John
spotted spelling mistake
  • Like 1

Jack D
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Kuya John said:

The British Government with taxpayers money and our national gold reseverves,  bailed out the banks during the last recession.

in 2008, we had the very same situation over here in the States, plus the government also bailed out the auto industry.

One of the auto companies (Chrysler) filed for bankruptcy, and Chrysler is now owned by Fiat. As far as I know, the taxpayer money has never been paid back by Chrysler.

• Like 1

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jack D said:

in 2008, we had the very same situation over here in the States, plus the government also bailed out the auto industry.

One of the auto companies (Chrysler) filed for bankruptcy, and Chrysler is now owned by Fiat. As far as I know, the taxpayer money has never been paid back by Chrysler.

Jack D, my respect for Ford tripled during that crisis.  General Motors went bankrupt and sold out to the government, Chrysler got bought by Fiat as you say.  Ford wisely leveraged every asset it owned across the corporation to remain solvent, got a new CEO from Boeing, and summarily began kicking some ass. 

• Like 2

Jack D
Posted
Posted

True! However, it shows how the US government will bail out the big banks and big corporations before they will ever help the little guy.

For what it’s worth, my respect for Ford also increased during that period for solving their financial problems on their own (without involving the help of the US government).

• Like 2

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Interesting here in Philippines now how every city is trying ( ineffectively ) to keep out people from other cities. The ones they are trying to keep out left long before the bans etc.

As in 1 million in Manila who left in the 48 hours before the lock down ( thats also super ineffective ).

Nevertheless everyone is trying but with no malls open no bars open no restaurants open, expect a significant population increase around Christmas time....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Freebie said:

expect a significant population increase around Christmas time..

I think you are 100% right on...!

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Looks like the books ( Wheres Wally ) or for our friends over the pound ( Wheres Waldo ) are having to reprint there new books .

360D7B78-87E0-40E8-AD05-3EF0343AEBED.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3