How's that retirement penson going?

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

I read that stocks in Brazil were off over 40%. :Caught:

Not too bad... normally much hairier than that and more than 40% loss with a... 'brazilian cut' :hystery:

Edited by GeoffH
  • Haha 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, GeoffH said:

Not too bad... normally much hairier than that and more than 40% loss with a... 'brazilian cut' :hystery:

Heard this from an ex president of USA.... He asked how much is a Brazilian

• Haha 3

• 3 months later...
stevewool
Posted
Posted

Well it taken this long to claw back the losses from my stocks that happened in March , onwards and upwards .

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Things are looking up for us as well Steve.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

For me the quick robust stock market recovery was unexpected. Especially since there are no underlying fundamentals to support it, The market recovery is primarily due to the US Federal Reserve printing massive amounts of cash and buying up things to support market prices at unprecedented levels which then feeds the optimism of retail investors to jump on the bandwagon to further pump up stock prices. Mostly those of tech companies. The S&P 500 new highs are primarily driven by the 5 top tech companies with the remaining 495 stocks still with a substantial loss.

I also am back at where I was 6 months ago but at the most I was only down 6-7%. Currently my portfolio is still 75% cash with the remainder in a bunch of small investments including gold, silver, mining and crypto currency ETF's.

I have a conference call with my financial advisor later this week. It will be interesting to hear what they have to say about the current markets.

• Like 2

Joey G
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, earthdome said:

The S&P 500 new highs are primarily driven by the 5 top tech companies with the remaining 495 stocks still with a substantial loss.

Sorry... but if someone told you that... they are so wrong... 495 of the 500 are NOT down.... not even close. Don't want to argue... but that's totally inaccurate.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, earthdome said:

The S&P 500 new highs are primarily driven by the 5 top tech companies with the remaining 495 stocks still with a substantial loss.

Have to agree with Joey.  Where did you get that stat?  You gave me a bit of a scare so I checked the top 25, 6 month chart, which starts on Feb. 26th, near the peak.  Probably 15-20 are above that peak and most are far above the trough in March.

BRK-B is a basket of companies.  They are almost back to their peak.

Screenshot (19).png

I was surprised to Disney so high!  Considered buying some after the pullback but I couldn't pull the trigger.  So many of their businesses are hurting but investors are betting on a big comeback from pent up demand.

Screenshot (21).png

I have some money to invest now but I think there will be another pullback.  It could be a big one if the election goes the wrong way.  I expect there is going to be a sell off before the election and then another rally after, dependent on the results.

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, stevewool said:

Well it taken this long to claw back the losses from my stocks that happened in March , onwards and upwards .

Well done Steve, glad you eventually got back out the wood shed.

Did you manage to sell the yacht in the South of France ? :tiphat:

• Haha 3