How's that retirement penson going?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, earthdome said:

Friday my financial advisor closed out the PUT positions in my account, that allowed me to sell the index funds in the account but at the PUT price from before the market meltdown. PUTs are kind of like an insurance policy in case of a bear market. So my retirement accounts are only down 3% from their peak back in early FEB and now are mostly cash with some gold related investments. My financial advisor is patiently looking for good opportunities to reinvest.

I'm far from an expert but there must be some bargains to be found.

BTW, your avatar upgrade is?

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Old55 said:

Looks like Heidi Klum to me...

earthdome
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Old55 said:

I'm far from an expert but there must be some bargains to be found.

Heide Klum from America's Got Talent. Simon and Howie were already being used as an avatar by other accounts here. I was wondering how long it would take for someone to notice/comment. :laugh:

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, earthdome said:

Heide Klum from America's Got Talent. Simon and Howie were already being used as an avatar by other accounts here. I was wondering how long it would take for someone to notice/comment. :laugh:

So.... what's the prize I get for noticing, Earthdome??? Do I get a date with her (without her new boyfriend?) Please don't tell me I have a date with Howie!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

Maxheadspace
Posted
Posted (edited)
Spoiler

One year to retirement and this has to happen.  Most of my retirement funds are in the market, so I'll probably end up delaying a tad bit until the market comes back.  Pension is unaffected, so I have options.

P.S., In the meantime, I've been dumping all my spare change into the market now that it's low, so I'll get a boost when it does return.

Edited by Maxheadspace
  • Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

So.... what's the prize I get for noticing, Earthdome??? Do I get a date with her (without her new boyfriend?) Please don't tell me I have a date with Howie!!!!!!!

A cup of coffee and the prize for you noticing gets you my permission to date Heide. I am sure she would accept, especially after she see's the size of your 'stimulus' check. :hystery:

• Haha 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 4/27/2020 at 10:47 PM, Maxheadspace said:

P.S., In the meantime, I've been dumping all my spare change into the market now that it's low, so I'll get a boost when it does return.

Me too  AANIMARKET.jpg  Woops wrong market    :tiphat:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
On 4/27/2020 at 9:26 PM, Tommy T. said:

Your prize is a date with "Pangit Ed" (without his new girlfriend), be sure to bring your own toothbrush. :hystery::hystery::hystery:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...
stevewool
Posted
Posted

Stocks and shares are still going up, that’s good news , not where it was a few months back but I am happy.

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, stevewool said:

Stocks and shares are still going up, that’s good news , not where it was a few months back but I am happy.

You convinced me to take a look.  Off about 10% from the high in late 2019.  I can live with that, but still glad I did not look earlier.  I read that stocks in Brazil were off over 40%. :Caught:

• Like 1