BI warns foreigners- Not exempt to ECQ

AusExpat
Posted
Posted
On 5/5/2020 at 1:14 PM, hk blues said:

I guess each of us follow the rules we believe in when we have the choice - it may not be right but it's human nature. Many don't really agree with the need for an alcohol ban but do see the value of wearing a mask.  

Yes, that is obvious. I was mearly pointing out the total hypocrisy that has been half of this thread.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Jack D said:

The source is the barangay people who told my in-laws that they are disqualified from aid because of me. That’s all I can say.

This is obviously dependent on the barangay and what rules they decide. Foreigners have posted here they have received or been offered goods. Someone I know received aid just the other day for the second or third time, this time they decided to keep it for themselves , just the two of them. What if you were as poor as the inlaws which could be the case for some people so then what? 

• Like 1

Jack D
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

This is obviously dependent on the barangay and what rules they decide. Foreigners have posted here they have received or been offered goods. Someone I know received aid just the other day for the second or third time, this time they decided to keep it for themselves , just the two of them. What if you were as poor as the inlaws which could be the case for some people so then what? 

Just like everything else in the Philippines, it all depends on where you live (i.e., Province/Barangay)  and even who you know.

For example, LTO experiences will vary depending on location. Some LTO's will make you pee and others won't. I had a good experience at the LTO because I knew the office manager, since was my neighbor.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Follow up on the guy who made the news and now probably wished he kept his mouth shut.

PRESS RELEASE
22 May 2020

BI charges Spanish in Dasma incident
for undesirability, overstaying

MANILA, Philippines—the Bureau of Immigration (BI) has charged Javier Salvador Parra for undesirability and overstaying.

BI Commissioner Jaime Morente confirmed that a deportation charge has been filed against Salvador Parra, whose viral video made rounds on social media earlier this month after he was almost arrested by Makati police for allegedly violating Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) policies.

Salvador Parra’s househelp was reportedly accosted for not wearing a facemask while watering plants outside the house. She then went inside the house, after which Salvador Parra came out to confront the authorities and allegedly hurled expletives to the police.

“Foreign nationals who are here in the country are expected to follow Philippine laws, especially in these special times wherein public health and safety is at risk,” said Morente. “There is no exemption, whether you are living in a posh village, or in a slum area, you must obey the law,” he added.

According to the BI, foreign nationals who blatantly disregard laws and disrespect persons of authority may be considered undesirable aliens. “Aliens who disrespect symbols of our country and persons of authority are not welcome in the Philippines. Their sojourn here is a privilege, not a right. It is in the same manner that our kababayan who are living and working abroad respect the laws of their host country,” Morente stated.

Apart from undesirability, Salvador Parra likewise face deportation for overstaying. “Upon investigation by our intelligence division, it was confirmed that he has failed to extend and has already overstayed his visa,” Morente shared.

BI legal officers added that Salvador Parra was ordered to submit a counter-affidavit to answer the reports against him, but he reportedly refused to receive the notice and disregarded the requirement, which was due last May 21.

“Our offices remained open to receive his response, but he failed to submit any,” said Morente. He added that they are intent on pursuing the case to serve as a warning for aliens disregarding the law.

Morente stated that the deportation case is a separate action from criminal cases that have been filed by the police against the Spanish national.

https://www.facebook.com/immigration.helpline.ph/ 

• Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Follow up on the guy who made the news and now probably wished he kept his mouth shut.

PRESS RELEASE
22 May 2020

BI charges Spanish in Dasma incident
for undesirability, overstaying

MANILA, Philippines—the Bureau of Immigration (BI) has charged Javier Salvador Parra for undesirability and overstaying.

BI Commissioner Jaime Morente confirmed that a deportation charge has been filed against Salvador Parra, whose viral video made rounds on social media earlier this month after he was almost arrested by Makati police for allegedly violating Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) policies.

Salvador Parra’s househelp was reportedly accosted for not wearing a facemask while watering plants outside the house. She then went inside the house, after which Salvador Parra came out to confront the authorities and allegedly hurled expletives to the police.

“Foreign nationals who are here in the country are expected to follow Philippine laws, especially in these special times wherein public health and safety is at risk,” said Morente. “There is no exemption, whether you are living in a posh village, or in a slum area, you must obey the law,” he added.

According to the BI, foreign nationals who blatantly disregard laws and disrespect persons of authority may be considered undesirable aliens. “Aliens who disrespect symbols of our country and persons of authority are not welcome in the Philippines. Their sojourn here is a privilege, not a right. It is in the same manner that our kababayan who are living and working abroad respect the laws of their host country,” Morente stated.

Apart from undesirability, Salvador Parra likewise face deportation for overstaying. “Upon investigation by our intelligence division, it was confirmed that he has failed to extend and has already overstayed his visa,” Morente shared.

BI legal officers added that Salvador Parra was ordered to submit a counter-affidavit to answer the reports against him, but he reportedly refused to receive the notice and disregarded the requirement, which was due last May 21.

“Our offices remained open to receive his response, but he failed to submit any,” said Morente. He added that they are intent on pursuing the case to serve as a warning for aliens disregarding the law.

Morente stated that the deportation case is a separate action from criminal cases that have been filed by the police against the Spanish national.

https://www.facebook.com/immigration.helpline.ph/ 

Yep...keep our heads down and don't attract attention and we'll be OK.

I wonder if he was overstayed due to the lockdown?  

• Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I doubt it But?.................................

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Yes exactly.

As Jack said, I doubt it but either way now that he has upset someone they will find a way to make life difficult. Nice house with maid so anyone looking for a new GF and place to stay? 

Just to add, they gave him a chance to have his say but wont do so. Not sure if he has legal advice or stubborn but if l was him l would be apologizing and crawling all the way. 

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Nice house with maid so anyone looking for a new GF and place to stay? 

Apparently he was an Employer of locals, so he must have been on the Vias give to employers of 10 or more Locals, OVERSTAYED Nah! Over reacted more like, thinking he was so very important, Got that wrong EH?

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, hk blues said:

In other words, obey the law...………..like we do in our home countries. :whistling:

• Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, scott h said:

In other words, obey the law...………..like we do in our home countries. :whistling:

From what I saw, good riddance!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love it 2

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic