BI warns foreigners- Not exempt to ECQ

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
51 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

Pick a better town?  Iloilo city hall has a great FB page, it is the easiest way to stay in touch with Filipinos, as everyone gets free FB.  Numerous post every day. Live press conferences quite often.  A very good source of up to the minute, official, information. 

Here, a mask is not required on your own property, but is required out in public - there is no provision made for lack of other people. On the street, the mask is required.  Just as stopping for a red light is the law, whether there is any other traffic.  

Same here in Subic Freeport.  This is actually the best communication I have had from local government in my whole life.  There are a lot of things I don't like about FB, but for enabling community communication, it is great!  I think you will find that many communities in the U.S. are doing the same now.

We have our neighborhood group that everybody bitches and moans in, but they also share many positive things.  During the Covid-19 lockdown, it has been a life saver!  Sharing of what business's are open, who delivers, "where can I get X?", etc.  The feeling of neighborliness is much enhanced right now.  You can post something you need, new or used, and someone usually comes up with one and gives it too you.  For examples,  amplifier cables, sewing needles, etc.

The SBMA chairwoman is into Facebook too.  She has an official FB page and her personal one.  She and a dozen other SBMA employees joined our neighborhood FB group about a year ago and it has been productive.  They listen to our B & M but don't usually comment unless asked to.  When asked, she will assign someone for followup and due to this, I have come to know who the managers are who are rock solid and really get things done.

And then the Public Relations person for SBMA is in our group.  She posts all the resident related SBMA announcements in the group.  This has been extra important during the ever changing lockdown.  And another thing she has helped organize is for fresh vegetables and seafood to be brought in and sold at some designated places, and / or delivered.  She also tries to maintain an open/closed list of restos and other businesses.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

AusExpat
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

Pick a better town?  Iloilo city hall has a great FB page, it is the easiest way to stay in touch with Filipinos, as everyone gets free FB.  Numerous post every day. Live press conferences quite often.  A very good source of up to the minute, official, information. 

Here, a mask is not required on your own property, but is required out in public - there is no provision made for lack of other people. On the street, the mask is required.  Just as stopping for a red light is the law, whether there is any other traffic.  

I was fixing the car to head up there after a quick trip to Dumagette.

Just as stopping for a red light is the law, whether there is any other traffic.  

Maybesomeone should tell the people in Manila, even when there is traffic.

• Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, AusExpat said:

Facebook? lol, I'd have killed myself already if I believed the crap on there. And the 'official' websites are rarely updated and have contradictory information at best.

But when you are the only one on the street a face mask clearly isn't required, especially if you are standing on your property.

Again, I don't mean your friends Facebook, official pages which many keep up to date, but maybe not where you come from. You do know many local governments have an official page, just like the BI which is run by the BI

What you are talking about is the maid was in the street, the foreigner then came out and caused an issue, so it's not about the idiot going off its about the maid being on the street with no mask, the rest came after his outburst..

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Mike J said:

Masks are required by law when on public streets.  Are you suggesting that it is okay to violate the law if you happen to be the only one on the street?  Any other laws that are okay to violate if they clearly are not required?

Yes and I don't believe the story said anything about only one person on the street but it did say that the police were asked to monitor the streets of the subdivision so l guess many were not doing the right thing.

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I can only imagine how hard it is for people who don't have food and basic necessities. 

Really, well that is beyond me, after reading and viewing some pics it quite beyond my imagination.

Maybe I am shutting it out, what really peeves me is the number of families i am aware of whom for some insusceptible reason suddenly find their names no longer on the entitlement list of their barangay.....

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Often (the Mrs informs me) because some busybody has come to the conclusion that a family don't need any hand-outs because they have an OFW relative....who clearly must be sending loads of cash over. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, RBM said:

Maybe I am shutting it out, what really peeves me is the number of families i am aware of whom for some insusceptible reason suddenly find their names no longer on the entitlement list of their barangay.....

AH! Well bruce I can offer you a Little something on this, The Head of the House is the main recipient and the Family are dependent. Now in My case I have discovered, When Lola Died some 2+ years ago NO one thought to tell the Barangay the Change of family SO when compiling the List for the Dispersal of Help, it was discovered that Lola had died but but new information was not presented SO the family had Moved?

It would Appear that many do not like to fill forms in etc; Yet moan when left out Yes it is bad but even we, can be our own Worst enemies at times,

My wife took a trip to the Barangay and all was Sorted,

Moral

If there are changes in Circumstances, Report them or lose the help. :whatever:

Gud Morning All :tiphat:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

What you are talking about is the maid was in the street,

I thought she was in the front yard

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, scott h said:

I thought she was in the front yard

I saw the video and read a story and the maid was in the street, maskless...

By the way, it makes no difference, perhaps, but that guy sounded German from his accent... Just thought I would pass that thought on... 

jimeve
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

I saw the video and read a story and the maid was in the street, maskless...

By the way, it makes no difference, perhaps, but that guy sounded German from his accent... Just thought I would pass that thought on... 

I heard that the guy was Spanish and had a San Miguel too many. 

• Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic