BI warns foreigners- Not exempt to ECQ

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

No, she was on the street. It was then the idiot came out to cause trouble

You've seen proof of that? I only saw a picture showing the police talking to the maid whilst she seemed to be well inside the garden.

I see they stopped mentioning him overstaying his tourist visa, expect he's only overstayed because that was the ECQ rules. Irony overload.

• Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

You've seen proof of that? I only saw a picture showing the police talking to the maid whilst she seemed to be well inside the garden.

I see they stopped mentioning him overstaying his tourist visa, expect he's only overstayed because that was the ECQ rules. Irony overload.

Nope, no proof other than news reports. But either way, if people want to act like idiots I really don't care who was right or wrong, but it clearly showed him being an ass and don't see why they would have been talking to them for no reason.

• Like 3

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Nope, no proof other than news reports. But either way, if people want to act like idiots I really don't care who was right or wrong, but it clearly showed him being an ass and don't see why they would have been talking to them for no reason.

He went way over the top but I doubt many people would be happy if the police came and fined their maid for watering the plants in the garden without a mask. Would be my wife going crazy in my house though not me:biggrin:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

He went way over the top but I doubt many people would be happy if the police came and fined their maid for watering the plants in the garden without a mask. Would be my wife going crazy in my house though not me:biggrin:

I believe she was warned, not fined. Maybe I missed it? 

• Like 1

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted
Just now, Jollygoodfellow said:

I believe she was warned, not fined. Maybe I missed it? 

The guy said they tried to fine her, the police later said it was just a warning.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, scott h said:

There was an interview with a retired supreme court justice...(not a fan of the Pres.) He said that going on the guys property with out a warrant was not legal...………………….interesting legal times will be had for years once this is all over lolol

The police report indicates that he was "followed into the house after resisting arrest" basically what you would call "hot pursuit" and no warrant required.  Maybe the supreme court justice did not have the full story or did not see the complete video?

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Maybe the supreme court justice did not have the full story or did not see the complete video?

Or as I said he is not a big fan of Pres. D and is just taking a shot at him

• Like 1

AusExpat
Posted
Posted
On 5/1/2020 at 5:16 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Yes and I don't believe the story said anything about only one person on the street but it did say that the police were asked to monitor the streets of the subdivision so l guess many were not doing the right thing.

No hte article didn't, you have to watch the video, the foreigner stepped into the street purposely so it was on camera.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, AusExpat said:

No hte article didn't, you have to watch the video, the foreigner stepped into the street purposely so it was on camera.

I meant that they were patrolling the area. Not staking out one person. Yes watched videos, but now could care less as it makes no difference to me so honestly I don't give a damn. If idiots get themselves into a bind I don't care as long as it does not affect me. :tiphat:

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

In another picture I saw, the maid was watering plants on the 'verge' between the edge of the road and the sidewalk...an area that in any country I'm sure would be regarded as being 'public' land, and beyond the boundaries of the complainant's home. 

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic