BI warns foreigners- Not exempt to ECQ

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, AusExpat said:

it's all AOK to break the liquor ban?

When the governor says "no liquor ban" and the mayor says "liquor ban" then you could choose which official you want to follow

• Hmm thinking 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, AusExpat said:

Alright so we MUST wear a mask if we step one foot into a public area and yell at all those who don't follow the law  BUT it's all AOK to break the liquor ban?

I guess each of us follow the rules we believe in when we have the choice - it may not be right but it's human nature. Many don't really agree with the need for an alcohol ban but do see the value of wearing a mask.  

• Like 1

Jack D
Posted
Posted
On 5/1/2020 at 8:01 PM, graham59 said:

Often (the Mrs informs me) because some busybody has come to the conclusion that a family don't need any hand-outs because they have an OFW relative....who clearly must be sending loads of cash over. :rolleyes:

Very True!... but having a foreigner in the family also disqualifies Filipinos from getting any help, since my in-laws were refused help because of the tsismis from neighbors about having an American in the family.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Hasn't affected us so far... but then again, Barangay have probably seen the state of me, so.... :mocking:

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack D said:

Very True!... but having a foreigner in the family also disqualifies Filipinos from getting any help, since my in-laws were refused help because of the tsismis from neighbors about having an American in the family.

My ex is going through the same thing.  Sad to say the crab mentality is strong here. If they can stop someone getting something they appear to get a kick out of it and no evidence is required just hearsay.  

• Like 4

RBM
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

My ex is going through the same thing.  Sad to say the crab mentality is strong here. If they can stop someone getting something they appear to get a kick out of it and no evidence is required just hearsay.  

Or perhaps if the funds are not paid as documented we could question where they end up as has been the case with my partners family.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack D said:

What is the source for your statement that "having a foreigner disqualifies Filipinos . . . "    Government posting or regulation, opinion, facebook, single case, . . . :89:

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, RBM said:

Or perhaps if the funds are not paid as documented we could question where they end up as has been the case with my partners family.

There is a 30k reward for reporting fraudulent dealings but I'm sure it will have repercussions as they won't accept annonymous tip offs. 

One video doing the rounds shows a Barangay Captin pulling a gun on a woman who was complaining and he hit her in the face with it, another Captain caught on video taking 3.5k of the 6.5k DSDW money argued that he had an agreement that the person would give the money to the Mayor.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Jack D
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Mike J said:

What is the source for your statement that "having a foreigner disqualifies Filipinos . . . "    Government posting or regulation, opinion, facebook, single case, . . . :89:

The source is the barangay people who told my in-laws that they are disqualified from aid because of me. That’s all I can say.

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Snowy, this type of mentality is alive and well in the UK as well - you only have to see how the media love to hate success.  

• Sad 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic